Post your favorite breeds

me and chickens

In the Brooder
Dec 16, 2015
I am looking into getting more chickens but I need help. There are so many that I want but I can only get 9 more.
hit.gif
Please help me decide! Right now I have
1 buff orpington- Glenda (The good which)
1 speckled Sussex- Roger rose ( the rose is from when we thought he was a hen)
1 Barred Rock- Grace (just Grace no story behind it other than I thought it was a cute name.)
1 White rock- Daisy (she is a white chicken so why not)
1 Easter egger- Sabrina (I needed a neutral name, I did not know what color she would be)
1 silver laced Wyandotte- Duchess (She is such a princess)
1 rhode island red- Ruby (as a chick she was definitely a red head)
I just keep them as pets and I do not care at all about egg production.
thank you for the help!
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
You are kind of like myself. I keep a diverse variety and also as pets only. Get a Black Austrolorp, and that should round off your large fowl. Then get a batch of banties into the flock. They can live together with the large ones with little effort. ( I have a mix of big and small.) Get Old English game hen, A Seabrite, (gold or silver same temperament) A Polish, (very docile) and a Silkie. (super docile as well).. Then if you want a pocket bird. get a Serama.

WISHING YOU BEST
thumbsup.gif

Lets see what others suggest.
smile.png

I am definitely getting a silkie, black australorp, and d'uccle. I do not know what color of silkie though they are all so cute!

oh and I want a polish. but I do not know much about the other breeds but I have heard of a serama... I think
big_smile.png

I would like a brahma to.
barnie.gif
so many chickens to chose from. Stupid chickens walking around with there cute little fluffy butts making you want more... CHICKEN MATH!!

Serama is the absolute smallest chicken. Old English game hens are ancestors to the original Jungle fowl chickens. ( the Adam and Eve of chickens.) I have had all that I mentioned in my previous post, as well as a Jungle fowl hen. but currently only the OEGH, and a Japanese Bantam. Post some pix of what you have, we luv to see them.
Here are my banties, see if they are what you would like to keep.

OEGH, the variety is Silver Duckwing.

Japanese Bantam.

Last edited:
Here are my girls and Roger
D.gif

This is Daisy

This is Grace

This is Roger Rose

This is Ruby

This is Sabrina

This is Duchess

This is Glenda

oh the serama's are so cute! I am so happy right now. my eater egger just layed her first egg! it is perfectly blue!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom