Post your favorite chicken stories and antics here

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EE lover:), Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EE lover:)

EE lover:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    North Carolina
    okay one thing: if this is the wrong place to put this thread im sorry this was the most obvious place to put it, so here it is. [​IMG] but anyways, the title's pretty self explanatory i'll post one of them: Once my mother told me we were getting chickens last march, I asked her if I could ask my teacher if we could bring the chicks to school. My mom said sure IF your teacher says sure. when my teacher said yes she said we had to tell the class stuff about chickens. then I said about a week after we get them we could. then, a week after we got them, April 21, we took them to class and my class simply ADORED them. five sweet chicks, in a homemade travel brooder, complete with a heat lamp. there was my EE, named Makani-Kelii (hawian(sp?) for the wind dove), my brothers Jersey Giant Black Betty, my stepbrother's Red Star Peeps, My mother's Rhode Island Red Henny Penny, and my Stepfathers White leghorn Miss Prissy. My oldest brother didnt want his own chick(I was quite offended!) and as I said, my class loved them. I personally love my chickmunk the best. [​IMG] we got a few pictures with the chicks. But, my teacher tried to get one picture, I believe with Miss Prissy, when in the picture right when we snapped it, Miss Prissy took off. Best Picture Ever!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

We have a whole section of the forum devoted to chicken stories and pictures. Click here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by