Post your favourite chicks/chickens

Handsome roos:love. Just curious, how does an all rooster flock work? Do they fight all of the time? Is their coop far enough away from the hens that they get along?:)
Without the hens, the roosters have little to fight over. They fight just a little more than hens do to remind each other of their place in the pecking order. Their coop can be anywhere as long as they can't see the hens all of the time. :)
If you want to read more it, here's an article I wrote: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/rooster-flocks.72998/.

Last edited:
Adorable:love! We are on day 20 too. We have 22 and all of them are candycorn polish eggs. Also, I have 3 blue/splash silkie eggs in the incubator from Magnolia Silkies. They are on day 19 right now. I originally had 18 silkie eggs, beautifully packaged, come in the mail at first but due to the Post Office's rough handling 1 of the eggs was cracked and in the end I only ended up with 3 living:(. I will post pics of all the chicks when they hatch.
I’ve got 6 from my black sex link, 10 from my SLW (my mystery coloured Wyandotte’s only got silvers last time) all covered by my BLRW rooster. 4 purebred BLRW 2 SLW and 6 lavender or black orprington. It’s so exciting hatching!

Loving all these pictures!
Here’s what my last batch of chicks ended up looking like.
4432936B-0183-48F9-B04D-F3285A54656A.jpeg
Another chick picture this one is “Baby” the only chick I had to assist hatch. Stuck it’s foot out the pip hole and got stuck.
DSC_7991.JPG

I’ve got 6 from my black sex link, 10 from my SLW (my mystery coloured Wyandotte’s only got silvers last time) all covered by my BLRW rooster. 4 purebred BLRW 2 SLW and 6 lavender or black orprington. It’s so exciting hatching!

Loving all these pictures!
Here’s what my last batch of chicks ended up looking like.
View attachment 1819869
Another chick picture this one is “Baby” the only chick I had to assist hatch. Stuck it’s foot out the pip hole and got stuck.
View attachment 1819871
Is he that age now? If not, it’s a boy.

Back
Top Bottom