Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh! First egg from Toothless our Gold Wyandotte. It's next to one of the Comet's eggs.

68616_dsc_2882.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I have this old egg scale and assumed the reading was in grams....Duh! We here in the U.S. are barely metric! OK, so with some research I realized it's reading a projected dozen weight. So when I said 26 to 28 that's ounces per dozen. I have an old Acme scale. Knew what the #'s meant for size grading but certainly not for true wieght....sigh.

Quote:
You could make a little conversion chart

My back of the envelope math looks like this:

:

Size Per Doz. Each Grams
Jumbo 30 ounces 2.50oz 70.9g
Extra Large 27 ounces 2.25oz 63.8g
Large 24 ounces 2.00oz 56.7g
Medium 21 ounces 1.75oz 49.61g
Small 18 ounces 1.50oz 42.52g
Peewee 15 ounces 1.25oz 35.44g

These are "at least" sizes. Since 28oz (dozened) is "at least" 27oz but not yet 30oz that egg would be Extra Large.

I got my first egg EVER today from my golden campine, Scout.

60454_1stegg.jpg

60454_nest2.jpg

60454_scout_question.jpg

There was a little blood on the egg, and it was still warm when I found it. It is 27 degrees here and blowing snow, so I'm glad I got to it right after she laid it.

We just got our first egg from one of our 5 young Easter Eggers. Not sure which one, but definitely an Easter Egger. Elsie, our older EE hen, laid the blue-green egg on the left. The new one laid the green one on the left. They're just a little bluer than they look in the picture. From what I've been reading, this color green is pretty desirable.

50766_blue_green_eggs.jpg

Quote:
Okay, I have a question. Do the Wyandottes always lay eggs that color, kind of terracotta? We have started getting eggs that color and I do have two Wyandottes. We've been trying to figure out who has been laying them. They're GORGEOUS eggs.

My first egg, layed by a barred rock, dont know which one as i have 13 hehe. at 30 weeks old, of course it is winter here very cold and daylight is only about 9-10 hours

100_2182.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom