Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Egg-citing for you! Presents are fun. I thought I would get my second egg today but not today I guess.I wait in great anticipation now. I can't wait to get home from work now to see if I have a present. Congrats to you and your girl.

52978_012.jpg

My first ever egg, from one of my EE girls, next to a large white store bought egg for comparison. Not sure which one, Merna has been acting oddly (staying on the roost even after I open the pop door and yelling at me) and was in the coop by herself yesterday when I was home for lunch but my husband thinks it was Tiger and described "the squat" that she did for him when he had to round up the girls at lunch today (apparently they only go into the run for treats when I bring them
tongue.png
) I was a little disappointed that he got to find the first egg and not me (they are my chickens after all, although in all fairness he did do all of the work on the coop), but not nearly as disappointed as I was excited. I told everyone at work and made them come see the picture I made my hubby email me.

Quote:
Sounds like a good way to start the year off. Your story sounds just like what happened to me yesterday. Hubby had the day off and called me late afternoon to inform me I had a surprise waiting for me! Everyone at work was just as excited as I was and wanted to see. Today I brought my little brown egg in. I was going to put it into a plastic Easter egg but I found a plastic chick with my decorations. (note: the egg was cushioned by cotton for it's journey)

66234_img_7430.jpg

Quote:
Sounds like a good way to start the year off. Your story sounds just like what happened to me yesterday. Hubby had the day off and called me late afternoon to inform me I had a surprise waiting for me! Everyone at work was just as excited as I was and wanted to see. Today I brought my little brown egg in. I was going to put it into a plastic Easter egg but I found a plastic chick with my decorations. (note: the egg was cushioned by cotton for it's journey)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/66234_img_7430.jpg

This is Hillarious!!!! EE's are on fire with first eggs! It seems every first egg post I read these days are from our beloved EE's....mine came yesterday! None today though

Here are my first eggs. The little white one came from my banty hatch hen & the light brown egg came from my light brahma hen & the darker one came from my delaware hen.
70399_my_eggs.jpg

I got my first egg on December 29th, 2010. My husband found it, and I was really excited anyway, since the chickens are a family effort. I called all my friends and bragged on my first perfect egg. Everone was just as eggcited as I was.
wee.gif

Originally, we thought our Buff Orphinton laid the egg. But a few days later we caught our RIR in the act of laying one. So we knew that she was the one. Today we got two eggs, and we suspect our Barred Rock laid the second egg. But only time will tell which one of our ladies it is.
I hope all the ladies start laying and that they keep coming.
yippiechickie.gif

By the way we have a large white rabbit sharing the coop with the ladies. We rescued the pullets, and the rabbit also needed rescued, so we took him too. He's holding his own in the coop and has his own cage, but he's also allowed to come and go freely. He seems to have a couple of favorite pullets, that he allows in his "space", but the rest he keeps at bay. Come spring we will be building him his own pen, but are torn about really seperating him from the pullets since he was raised with them. Maybe we will build his pen adjoining theirs so he can still visit if he wants. LOL
bun.gif

FIRSTEGGBUFFY12-29-10.jpg

61784_our_first_egg.jpg

Unfortunately it was cracked and frozen solid so no eating this one for us. Hopefully we'll get more soon!!!
UGH Why now??? I just had knee surgery on Tuesday so I can't go out and congratulate them & encourage them to keep going!!

I AM SOOOOO EGGGGSITED!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

61784_egg2.jpg

EGG #2 today, no cracks!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom