Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my little girl is growing up. TT, my silky cross bantam cochin layed her first egg.
73701_007_3.jpg

from top to bottom: Store baught, my other bantam cochins, my OEG and the TT's first egg!
73701_063.jpg

and what a fuss it was indeed for such a 'large' egg
wink.png

First egg at 22 weeks, 2 days. One of my Easter Eggers. Not sure how I'm going to tell which one. One of them is bigger than the rest, so my first thought was that it was hers, but when I took the egg away, one of the other girls kept poking around that area as if to ask, "where did my egg go?"

64662_firstegg.jpg

Luke13:34 :

First egg at 22 weeks, 2 days. One of my Easter Eggers. Not sure how I'm going to tell which one. One of them is bigger than the rest, so my first thought was that it was hers, but when I took the egg away, one of the other girls kept poking around that area as if to ask, "where did my egg go?"

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/64662_firstegg.jpg

Do any of them squat for you? (sort of hunker down when you put your hand above them) They usually do this before starting to lay. Really red comb and face is another clue. Good luck with the mystery layer. The egg is beautiful.​

My 6 chickens were hatched on Aug 4. We got our first egg at Christmas time. We now get 4 to 5 eggs a day from the 6 chickens - 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 sex linked goldens, and 2 americaunas. Here is my daughter with the first two eggs.
64346_img_1265.jpg

Here are some of the eggs from the last 2 days.
64346_img_1276.jpg

Yes, that is an olive green egg from one of the americaunas. I was so thrilled with that green egg. We are saving them until we have several and we are going to have green eggs & ham for breakfast.

Last edited:
We got our first two eggs while we were away on a trip, and I'm very happy one of the two EE hens finally started laying.. we are new chicken people...but we just got back and got to see our first eggs, and they are, well, just grey. Maybe the closest color would be a very light khaki, but truly when you put it in one of those greyish cardboard egg cartons it is the exact same color. I'm trying not to be disappointed, I didn't necessarily expect a bright blue or green as these are hatchery hens, but I hoped it would be a nice shade of one or the other.

Ah well. Wish I could have more chickens, but we are only going to have 2, so I hope my other hatchery EE comes through for me. As the other was supposed to be a Welsummer and is actually an EE I have no idea what to expect with that one. The other one was at least supposed to be an Ameraucana (but I knew it was an EE) so I hoped it would have blue or green eggs... anyway, I'll post a picture later. I haven't had the excitement about taking a picture I thought I would.

I do love my hen though, and I'm sure I'll get over it.

UPDATE: my dear DH said, let's look at them outside in daylight (I'd only seen them at night) and lo and behold, they are actually a nice sage green (and believe it or not, the very same color as our house color, which I picked out) So our hen is trying to color coordinate LOL.

Here's a pic.

65482_dsc00487.jpg

Last edited:
how do i post a pic? Its awesome having chickens I had them growing up. We now have 23 hens an one roo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom