Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had to show off our BCM's first eggs!! (And ours too!)

They seem to still be trying to get the coloring right but these were the very first ones...

80581_2011-11-03_125746.jpg

This was after a day or two... the eggs are a little more brown than the red they appear... the lighting was funny

80581_2011-11-05_214044.jpg

My first egg arrived Sunday, sometime between 8pm and 7am. It was slightly cracked.

The second one was in the nest box when I got home, so some time after 6:45 am.

I am sure it's from my banty cochin Sophie, the only one with a name. She's 26 weeks.

I'm guessing that if the loud mouth soon to be fodder roo I have fertilized it, she'd probably be sitting on it.

SS850285.jpg

100_4912.jpg

It only took 24 weeks of waiting and waiting and waiting. It was a major production for the poor girl

First egg came this morning. I had all but given up until spring.
I am pretty sure it was my black chicken (was told she's a silver-laced Wyandotte, but has no lacing, a different comb & foot color from my Wyandotte...) and all the gals are getting strawberry yogurt for a treat.
Its little, but has a nice, hard shell! Hooray!

94687_img_2950.jpg

Yesterday my little baby girl phoenix laid her first egg!!

110811Ourfirstphoenixegg.jpg

You can see from the left, here is my Phoenix egg, then an Australorps Hen, and what looks to be our first double-yolker from our Barred Rock hen.
yippiechickie.gif

110911silverduckwingphoenixpullet.jpg

Here is my sweet little silver duckwing phoenix hen!

110911australorphen.jpg

One of our Australorp hens.

110911barredrockhen.jpg

And the big mama of our chicken yard, Jimmony Pippet, our Barred Rock hen!! (aka Henny Penny)

Yay! Our girls are doing so well!! We are getting 3-4 eggs per day from our little Australorps and our Barred Rock. But I think it will take quite a few Phoenix eggs to make an omelet.
lol.png

These 2 beauties were just laid today! I know they're from my white leghorn because they are my only white egg layers. Question is, can a pullets first lay have 2 eggs? I have 2 leghorns, but what are the chances both laid their first egg on the same day, in same box? No eggs this morning, but then these 2 in the afternoon...

102383_img958809.jpg

hello. I think I've heard of a double yolk but I've never read about 2 eggs in one day? I can't wat to read this thread.

I had given up until Spring as well. When I went out to lock up the coop and do a head count, I checked the box just to be safe, and there it was!!!!
wee.gif

89229_first_egg.jpg

Not sure who laid it. Maybe I can stake out the nest box this weekend
D.gif

The pic makes it look bigger than it actually is. According to Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens, it is a small egg
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom