Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally!! Our 1st Chicks were hatched on the 25th of May!
D.gif

51105_img_1200.jpg

51105_img_1202.jpg

So excited to finally be able to post here! Got my first egg yesterday morning from my 24 week old RIR, Scarlett.

The egg that made me a proud chicken mama!
MV8G5I2t

Our egg is on the left. Not quite as big but had a beautiful, hard shell and was well shaped.
1XIg2TyG

Our egg on the right. Almost the same size around.
1hNu4x7A

Store bought egg is on top. (what a difference in the white!)
JhrZQzxZ

Last edited:
hey. i think your speckled egg there is from your golden laced wyandotte, not your rir. mine lays the same kind of eggs. my rir lay solid brown eggs

Quote:
Nope. Saw her lay it yesterday and got another one today from her. (VERY proud of her!!) Not sure why it's speckled though. Maybe because it's her first few?? I'm interested in you guys' theories if you have any??

My GLW and BPR each laid a small, thin shelled pullet egg early this am but unfortunately they cracked.
sad.png

I finally got my first FBCM egg today from one of my 3 girls that were hatched on April 15th. They were hatched out of much darker eggs and I hope that they will darken up a little. I do like the speckles though.

P1160530.jpg

Along with 2 EE and 1 bantam egg from today
P1160525.jpg

The first of my 5 wheaten/blue wheaten Ameraucana pullets just started laying at 28 wks
big_smile.png

Here she is with the the eggs she laid the first 5 days. One a day for 3 days, then took a day off and laid another. She has been laying an egg every other day since she started.
54909_p1080436.jpg
54909_p1100903.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom