Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so proud. It was my first brown egg, from then on, no more store bought eggs.
smile.png
Thechickenpictures004.jpg

My first Egg!... and second the next day!! Came out this Saturday and got pleasantly surprised by this... wonder who laid it....
108665_first_egg.jpg

Sunday comes around and i peeked out and didn't see Marian, my hatchery cuckoo marans, in the run... she was busy laying
wee.gif

My 3 year old son was small enough to venture into the pen and reach in and grabbed the 2nd egg. here's a picture of the eggs before wifey hard boiled them... i didn't get an 'after' photo to show how orange and rich the yolks were because everybody ate it up fast...oh well... burp*
108665_second_egg.jpg

so i am thinking that these first 2 eggs came from Marian because they were pretty much the same size and shade of brown.. although i was expecting really dark eggs from her, the eggs we ate were delicious
thumbsup.gif

This is what was waiting for me this morning! Not sure which of my hens did it, and only found one. Now, a question, do they only lay in the morning, or do I need to be checking in again later today?

93025_sany4274.jpg

Mine lay all day, but they're only 8 months. Most of them are in the morning, but not all, by a long shot.

My hens will even lay after sundown, then find their way up onto the roosts in the dark.

My first egg on Sunday. It is the brown one. Isn't it beautiful?! The one next to it is a white store bought egg.

105668_dsc02556.jpg

I also got one yeaterday that is a little darker but the same size and shape. Not one yet today but it was early when I went out.

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
herd the egg song this morning!!!! i went out and searched but no egg?? when will they start laying??
hu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom