Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my golden commets(they were born in feb.) that I purchased a week ago have started to lay. I found my first egg yesterday :) I am still waiting on the other three that are the same age as well as three other chicks that are about 14-15 weeks old.

Last edited:
Congratulations and
welcome-byc.gif
from VA! We have a golden comet also that is 15 wks tomorrow so hopefully soon!!

Thanks, I found another egg today from one of my girls. So either I have two laying or the first is not skipping days between eggs. They are all doing the egg sqwat now :) yay. Oh Im in NC

FINALLY!!!! I got my first egg!!! Unfortunately it was pecked or poked with a nail and has a hole in it but none the less it finaly came!!!!!

The next day I go out, NO EGG! Then the day after I find this lovely little gift

Then I go out the next day (about 5 different times) No Egg!, I go out the following day (today) NO EGG!!
Did they go on strike already? I have no clue which of the 7 are laying the eggs but I sure hope they don't stop so soon after starting!

We got our first egg yesterday, although we have no idea from which hen! Probably our BO or BR...they are SO loud the past few days.
celebrate.gif

The egg was so tiny and the second egg today was a little bit bigger. Looking forward to many more from our 7 girls.

Hello CaseyKT!

Congrats on your first egg. I found my first this morning (not sure if it was laid late last night or early this AM). It, too was from my Buff O. The egg was about the size of the egg on the right (in your photo). Great photo with size relation to the quarter, too,
I have 2 Buff O's and 2 Americaunas.

To help you out, late yesterday morning, I noticed Nancy (the first to lay, shes a Buff O) kind of protective and a little grouchy/growling and restless. She was delayed in coming out of the coop yesterday, nested, then fed for a bit, and repeated this all day. So, if you can identify which bird was acting funny/different, it's probably that one. The habit difference is apparent if you know your chickens well enough.

Hope this helps! Good luck with the others!

How do I post a picture? Anytime I click the attachment button it says I don't ahve the permission. I have my first egg to share but I can't. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom