Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i collected my first egg last friday. 8/24/12 i'm pretty sure it came from my barred rock ' Polka" she has since laid 4 more. Giving me a total of 5 eggs in 7 days. Do most pullets seem to be this consistant? all eggs have been rather small. i was surprised she laid her first egg at 19 weeks 4 days old, where i had been told it would be 22 -24 weeks.

here it is, our first egg!!! She's a 18 week 2 day old barred rock named Jenise. The white egg is a store bought extra large and her's is the absolutely beautiful, perfect brown egg.

Got another egg today!! I was really surprised cause it has been pouring for hours today, there coop is a mess. I will have to do some major cleaning Sunday! We have a super chicken on our hands!! I'm loving it!!

This is our first two, started laying 8/28/12, we get one a day!! I think our leghorns are laying, but are eagerly waiting for the rest to get started!!

This the third that we got today after we cracked it open. It was so yummy!!

ya.gif
First eggs are so exciting! Congrats! I don't think your leghorns laid the top 2 though because they lay white shelled eggs. Someone else is laying for you!

Ms. ChicChick~I just noticed that they look creamy colored but they are white. We are eagerly waiting for our others to start laying..we will have a rainbow of colors. EGGCITED!!

Our very first egg! We had started looking for an egg around Peep's (affectionately known as Peepers) 18th week - but she held out until 23 weeks. I had already given up checking in and around the nesting box for several weeks when I glanced down one day and there it was! Nestled safely in a little nest! She has laid diligently ever since - sometimes even two per day.
big_smile.png
Can't wait for the other two to start laying!

Here's a recent picture of Peepers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom