Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very first blue egg! Our crazy adventurous Ameracauna laid her very first egg today! So pretty!

ANNNNNND My very first nesting box egg
wee.gif
I'm so glad they have stopped laying on the dirt!

My third (of four) Isa Brown pullets laid her first egg today! White speckles on it, bottom of picture. These are today's eggs from four girls. The two slightly bigger eggs above are the first two to start laying eleven days ago and have laid an egg every day since without fail. One more to start soon. They came from a mixed age group of birds aged now 18 - 23 weeks.

I was thrilled to see what I found today!

This egg was just laid today these were hiding right under them.
The egg was fantastic, it tasted rather much better than a store bought egg.

droolin.gif

Btw, I found two egg yolks in one egg!

Well, I've been patiently waiting all these weeks. Today is 18 weeks since we picked up our chicks from IFA. I had raised 19 chicks and gave all but 12 to a friend when they got 16 weeks old. 2 days after giving those pullets away one of them layed an egg for him. Well naturaly I looked eagerly into my nesting boxes every day hoping to see an egg too...no luck On advice from a friend with chickens I started my girls on layer pellets on thursday even tho they werent laying, then I left for the weekend. On monday I came home in the after noon and did my usual lift of the lid in the nesting box and did a triple take. 6 EGGS! 3 in 2 different boxes.

Today I found 3 more, so I have at least 3 hens laying. And Bam I have eggs!

Very excited

Hooray! My fourth Isa Brown 'Lucky' laid her first today. These are today's eggs from my four. Lucky's egg is the biggest on the bottom right. The other three have been laying every day since they started. I wonder if Lucky will too?

This is our first two, started laying 8/28/12, we get one a day!! I think our leghorns are laying, but are eagerly waiting for the rest to get started!!

This the third that we got today after we cracked it open. It was so yummy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom