Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop the presses!! Its happened! Almost exactly 5 months after we started on this journey with 1 day old chicks.....I found OUR FIRST EGG in the nest box this afternoon!! SO exciting! One of our araucana's laid this perfect little egg. Not sure which one (we have 2.)

I have it sitting next to a store bought egg in the picture to give perspective of how petite it is. I figure we only need 234,577 more to break even on the expense to generate it. HA!

No matter though, so worth it.

I. Can't. Stop. Smiling.

Well, just an update. She continued to lay throughout the week, ending in 5 beautiful petite perfect eggs for the 7 day period. I think that's awesome for the first week?! The other 8 girls haven't jumped on the band wagon yet (I have two Ara's, and the rest are a mixed flock including 3 Rocks, 2 Buff's and 2 Astralorps.) I have four that are 5 months old, including the the one that started laying (as of this past 19th) and the other five will be five months old on the 26th. I have a feeling that one of these days I'm going to go out there, and there are going to be eggs everywhere. :)

So excited about my first eggs. Getting 4 a day & have gotten 2 double yolks from Deanna Marsala(RIR) in one week. She is by far my best, most accurate layer. My first green egg was exciting too (last pic) from my all white EE !! I love my fuzzy butts!

I was so disappointed there was no more eggs yesterday or this morning. Do they start slow?? I thought once one started there would be another egg the next day.
sad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom