Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so disappointed there was no more eggs yesterday or this morning. Do they start slow?? I thought once one started there would be another egg the next day.
sad.png
Same thing with one of my EEs laid a tiny little egg and nothing else for days now :( a little sad but I am hoping she'll come up with another one soon!

I finally have bum nuts! Only one of the girls are laying, but I dont think it will be long before the other two girls follow suit :) I have a feeling its Peri Peri who laid the egg. I will find out on the weekend :) Bring on yummy baked custard!

Bum nuts!!! I almost spit out my coffee when reading this! Love it!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Here is my first egg from one of my Barred Plymouth Rocks, Henny Penny Stegosaurus. I went out to check on my chickens and she was not outside with the rest of them. I found her in a corner of the hen house laying on her side. Worried, I picked her up to see if she could stand. As soon as I stood her up out plopped this egg. She was as surprised as I was! Afterwards she laid back down. I think she was a little dazed and stunned, lol! I certainly can't blame her!
wink.png

Since then all of my Barred Rocks and Buff Orpingtons have started laying so I am getting about 3-4 eggs a day from 7 hens so I guess there are all pretty much on a schedule of one egg every other day.

Still waiting on my EE's and Cochin Bantams, no eggs from those ladies yet.

After that first egg I have gotten many more...

wee.gif

Our first egg was two weeks ago today one of our silkie girls laid it right in the nesting box like a good girl. Today we had one in the nest box, one in front of it and one on the lawn. It was the first day that we got more then one and brought our grand total up to 12!! Our first Dozen!!

Here is my first egg from one of my Barred Plymouth Rocks, Henny Penny Stegosaurus. I went out to check on my chickens and she was not outside with the rest of them. I found her in a corner of the hen house laying on her side. Worried, I picked her up to see if she could stand. As soon as I stood her up out plopped this egg. She was as surprised as I was! Afterwards she laid back down. I think she was a little dazed and stunned, lol! I certainly can't blame her!
wink.png

Since then all of my Barred Rocks and Buff Orpingtons have started laying so I am getting about 3-4 eggs a day from 7 hens so I guess there are all pretty much on a schedule of one egg every other day.

Still waiting on my EE's and Cochin Bantams, no eggs from those ladies yet.

After that first egg I have gotten many more...

You should enter these photos in the BYC calander contest
big_smile.png
they are not of chickens but I love egg pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom