Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best friends’ 13 year-old daughter is staying with me because I'm currently on crutches and wearing a knee stabilizer due to a torn meniscus and also because I need a little help around the house, especially with my dog, cat, and ten chickens. Yesterday, she was feeding the hens while I was sitting and watering my garden. I asked her to please check the nest boxes because I’ve been anxiously awaiting my first egg. A few seconds later she said, “Hey, you have an egg.” I told her no, that’s probably my golf ball because I’m trying to train the hens to lay the eggs in the nesting boxes. A few minutes later she came over to me and said, “This is NOT a golf ball. THIS is an egg!” And in her hand was my first white egg from my White Leghorn, age 18 weeks and 4 days.

Last edited:
My best friends’ 13 year-old daughter is staying with me because I'm currently on crutches and wearing a knee stabilizer due to a torn meniscus and also because I need a little help around the house, especially with my dog, cat, and ten chickens. Yesterday, she was feeding the hens while I was sitting and watering my garden. I asked her to please check the nest boxes because I’ve been anxiously awaiting my first egg. A few seconds later she said, “Hey, you have an egg.” I told her no, that’s probably my golf ball because I’m trying to train the hens to lay the eggs in the nesting boxes. A few minutes later, she came over to me and said, “This is NOT a golf ball. THIS is an egg!” And in her hand lay my first white egg from my White Leghorn, age 18 weeks and 4 days.

My first egg i posted on this thread yesterday was laid by a White Leghorn! She has laid 3 now, one every day! Her name is "Big Momma"

Our first egg!!! Wasn't really expecting it, but jumped for joy. I have no clue what girl gave it to me, but appreciate it so much! She even held out while we were on vacation (my wonderful neighbor volunteered to take care of my girls for me). This is the first morning we've been here and our first egg ever. It was in the middle of the floor though. Any hints on getting them in the nesting boxes. All 3 have a golf ball in there. Was hoping that would have worked, lol

Amylou- congrats, we just got our first and 2nd eggs Friday and Saturday. I think from 2 different chicks because they were different colors and in different spots. But I'm in the same boat as you, both were on the ground even with fake eggs in their nesting boxes. Just hoping they will get it figured out eventually. Now I'm anxiously awaiting today's egg... it's like watching a pot of water boil, it's not happening :/

Last edited:
Renee I will be checking like crazy now, lol. I imagine it was one of my Rhode Island Reds, but I have some black sexlinks a week younger. A few weeks after them are my barred rocks and then a week after that are my Sicilian Buttercups. Wish I knew who the nice girl was, but thinking I will have to enjoy without knowing for sure!!!

Amylou- I know, I hate not knowing for sure who it was that gave us the eggs. I have my speculations but I'm not for sure. But either way I appreciate them. I used to check on the chickens often before because it's so hot here in AZ but now I'm checking on them constantly! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom