Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys and your green/blue eggs are killing me.
wink.png

I got my first egg today, a beautiful light brown egg! I'm pretty sure it came from Big Red the 3yr RIR I recently adopted. I also adopted her buddy a 1yr Black Sex Link but I think she is still a little stressed out from the move and rearranging the pecking order. I also have 11 I think they are around 12 week old chickies and one rooster. I know for sure it wasn't one of them. I was so excited to find my first egg!!!!! I've never had chickens before and well it's kind of stupid how much I love them! (I tried to post a picture but it won't load)

I got my first egg today, a beautiful light brown egg! I'm pretty sure it came from Big Red the 3yr RIR I recently adopted. I also adopted her buddy a 1yr Black Sex Link but I think she is still a little stressed out from the move and rearranging the pecking order. I also have 11 I think they are around 12 week old chickies and one rooster. I know for sure it wasn't one of them. I was so excited to find my first egg!!!!! I've never had chickens before and well it's kind of stupid how much I love them! (I tried to post a picture but it won't load)

No, it's not stupid! We have a camera in our coop so I can watch them from my laptop without going outside! I'm handicapped, so that helps a lot. We can see when they're all inside so they never get locked out of the coop in the evening when the door closes. None of our four will ever see a cook pot or oven! LOL!!! Hubby is even worse than I am about them, so they'll die of old age!

I love my chickens, too. I wasn't going to make them pets, but how can you not when you hand-raise a small flock?

I raise birds for eggs and meat, BUT I understand this completely.

I have a quite a few birds but even some of them get names and become exempt from the normal chicken rules. The special ones might get an extra treat, get noticed more, and live their lives without having to ever worry about that axe.

I only have 9 turkeys, 5 of which are Toms, one is exempt as a special bird. I need to cull 3 of the other four, I have not been able to do it yet. There is just not enough of them, for them to be anonymous to me.

Okay I don't really mean stupid :) I just was trying to express how much I love them, which is a heck of a lot! The babies I have are 7 Barred Rocks, 4 Speckled Sussex and 1 lone RIR. The big hens tend to just hang out with each other, though they are all mixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom