Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dan26552 love the avatar. Looks like you have a dog with superhero powers. My eyes are made of kryptonite!
lol.png

First on the left, second on the right, both from my cochin hen Pepper. She did really well right out of the gate, it was just a wee bit pale.

First egg! A bit small, but gorgeous blue green. Fernando is one of my 3 ee's and ever since I removed the egg form the nest box, she's running around like she lost something and is looking for it, so I'm guessing she's the source.
Now I just hope it's contagious and the other 2 ee's and 2 buckeyes follow suit soon!

Just got my first eggs (there were two) this morning from my first flock of hens! I wasn't the only one excited, apparently. I started with a Sebright rooster that just showed up one day in October and after not being able to find his owner, I decided I better get him some hens so he would stop treating me like a hen. I got him 4 Golden Laced Polish hens, around 7-9 months old, about a month ago. The had some stress to deal with the move, the new rooster, and then a dog attack (that little blonde dog in the lower left corner), so I wasn't expecting any eggs for awhile. I'm sure I looked like that kid on the Christmas video getting the N64 as a present when I found them. They are so tiny and perfect and it was a great way to start the day!

For the first time ever, all 5 of my laying hens laid an egg on the same day. The coolest part is that I can identify which egg came from which hens. Can’t wait until the other 5 start laying.

For the first time ever, all 5 of my laying hens laid an egg on the same day. The coolest part is that I can identify which egg came from which hens. Can’t wait until the other 5 start laying.

We can identify who laid which eggs too, but we only have 4. Our granddaughter can identify them, though, too and she doesn't even live here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom