Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
after the rescue, i feared the worst for my pullet. with two months of loving care, supplements, and molting herself back into life, she finally laid her first egg! To say the least, i was egg-static! i never thought she'd lay after all her trauma, but it just proves to me how a caring and helping hand can change lives. :) <3

(the two at the end are hers! every morning now i look forward to a little surprise! )

Last edited:
after the rescue, i feared the worst for my pullet. with two months of loving care, supplements, and molting herself back into life, she finally laid her first egg! To say the least, i was egg-static! i never thought she'd lay after all her trauma, but it just proves to me how a caring and helping hand can change lives.
smile.png
<3

(the two at the end are hers! every morning now i look forward to a little surprise! )

Great Looking eggs! And what a wonderful thing you've done for her.

Australorp started squatting last week and my red EE a couple days ago and today:

celebrate.gif
The last one is with a store-bought egg for comparison. I hopefully won't have to buy those much longer! I would assume the egg is from my Aussie, but I know EE's eggs are not necessarily not brown. Maybe someone knows better than me? Lol I probably over fed the girls after seeing that egg today, but excitement will do that. I opened the cleaning door and saw the shavings askew in the nest box and peered in and saw that egg. I then fumbled with and dropped my phone into a snowbank several times as I rushed to get a picture as though the egg would vaporize any second. Anyway I'll sure be motivated to do my nest box checks now (as if I wasn't already)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom