Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first eggs were Sun and every day since two a day! So happy! I have 3 Rhode Island Reds and a BuffOrphibgton. Not sure whose laying but always there's a medium brown and pinkish lighter one that turns medium brown if wet or cold. Anyone know why? Here's a pic, you can see lighter one with wet spot that turns darker color but fades back to lighter.
[/IMG]

First egg
wee.gif
Was told here a leghorn, 19 weeks. Egg is white, but very small, but that's okay, very excited.

2 of my 3 golden comets lay light colored eggs, it feels a little rough if you rub your finger on it. Look up the post weird or strange eggs.
I believe it says that can happen to new layers. Much better than thin or no shell. Look at my previous post on this thread you can see the 2 lighter color eggs. They are OK to eat. GC

Her first egg - I believe her cochin white-fluff laid it first. Now our RIR Tiny is laying most days... we usually get 2 eggs a day - and we have one RIR - and 3 layers who tend to be less "daily" layers... I think we usually just get 2.

My first eggs were Sun and every day since two a day! So happy! I have 3 Rhode Island Reds and a BuffOrphibgton. Not sure whose laying but always there's a medium brown and pinkish lighter one that turns medium brown if wet or cold. Anyone know why? Here's a pic, you can see lighter one with wet spot that turns darker color but fades back to lighter.
[/URL]

The lighter one is likely from your Buff Orpington. It sounds like the ones we get from our Buff Orpington, Amber. As a general rule, the darker the chicken's feathers, the darker the egg will be. Not always, but usually. I'm not sure why the water changes the color. They look great!

Thanks, I kind of figured this, from this social site. I was surprised she actual lay's her egg in the place she was suppose too
smile.png
. I put a third floor in the coop for eggs, but is open not closed off with walls and she knew to lay there. Was planning on creating a more closed off area, doing this but maybe not necessary, so not sure if I need to create outer walls now? I can't wait for tomorrow! My other pellets are four weeks younger so I have a wait for them
big_smile.png
Their development seems to be very slow. Funny how you don't want to see wattle development when the are young but get anxious when they are older to lay eggs.

Got our first egg today from our Isbar hen Izzy. She gave my husband quite the clucking showing by jumping on the riding mower prior to retreating to the nesting box. She is 20 weeks old! He said it was like a cartoon!
1f44d.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom