Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's very normal for eggs to come inconsistently at first.  The best layers I've seen average 3-4 eggs a week.  Sometimes you'll get more or less, but that's the average.

Ok, good to know! I guess I was thinking that once they start laying it would be regular right away. Thanks for replying :) We didn't get any more today but we'll keep our eyes peeled!

Our first egg came 2 days ago! Very eggciting for the family!
We haven't had one since. Is it normal for chickens to be inconsistent when they first start? Maybe it's the heat? They all seem happy, healthy and very spoiled.

One of ours started this weekend. I was double surprised to find an egg 3 days in a row! But none today either. I figure new layer plus it was like 110 here today, so that can always be a factor.

We've found eggs 4 days in a row, but the last one was laid in the evening, not morning. I don't know if they're from one or both orpingtons, though.

My 40 week old Rhode Island Red laid her first egg this morning, it's the one on the right.

The egg on the left is from my other RIR that started to lay a week ago, the egg is from this morning.

Last edited:
My 40 week old Rhode Island Red laid her first egg this morning, it's the one on the right. The egg on the left is from my other RIR that started to lay a week ago, the egg is from this morning.
Pretty dark shells, almost like my French black copper Marans! My RIR (5 hens) eggs are not that dark.

Started laying eggs five days ago, has laid an egg everyday, but the fith day wow what a change in size
big_smile.png

I think I have 2 layers now. Got these 2 today. The left is the the same that I have been getting, the one on the right is larger with a slightly different color and shape, so I think it is a different pullet's first

Here's what we have collected since Friday!
(They only took yesterday off as it was nearly 110 here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom