Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the cochin flock of mine laid their very first egg today-its like a regular egg in every way bar size.
and with time honored tradition am going to blow the egg out the shell and keep the shell as an ornament,plus give the cochin girls some scrambled egg as a treat.:D
here is a photo of it next to one of lornas eggs [a year old special needs/disabled girl] to show a massive difference between them-

Last edited:

our very first egg, courtesy of rosie!
Way tooooo cute. A lady I know just got a few chicks for her 2 yr old son. He refuses to eat eggs from the store ... unless they are organic. But he loves the eggs best from his grandparent's hens. At 2 he would steel eggs from nest and fallow the chickens around the yard and beg for eggs. When he looked at his first 3 chicks... he asked, 'But were are my eggs?' he had to be told that he has to wait. So mom has decided that 3 chicks will not be enough. They want at least 2 more and a laying hen... for eggs now.

the cochin flock of mine laid their very first egg today-its like a regular egg in every way bar size.
and with time honored tradition am going to blow the egg out the shell and keep the shell as an ornament,plus give the cochin girls some scrambled egg as a treat.
big_smile.png

here is a photo of it next to one of lornas eggs [a year old special needs/disabled girl] to show a massive difference between them-
Congrats! Nice color... it looks sort of red/brownish... nice!

How often should they lay after their 1st egg? Mine are 17 weeks old, she had her 1st last week. has layed 3 so far, but stopped in the last 24 hrs

Way tooooo cute. A lady I know just got a few chicks for her 2 yr old son. He refuses to eat eggs from the store ... unless they are organic. But he loves the eggs best from his grandparent's hens. At 2 he would steel eggs from nest and fallow the chickens around the yard and beg for eggs. When he looked at his first 3 chicks... he asked, 'But were are my eggs?' he had to be told that he has to wait. So mom has decided that 3 chicks will not be enough. They want at least 2 more and a laying hen... for eggs now.

That is just so adorable.

My four-year-old keeps asking when a chicken is going to come out of the eggs. I had to explain that we needed a rooster for that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom