Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

First egg from Fergie, my lavender ameraucana. She skipped a day then laid a slightly bigger egg today!

Got my first white one today! Not bad size either for a first egg (and quite a small hen compared to the others!)

Our chickens are just 5 months old so didn't expect eggs quite yet. 'Found this on a roost bar this morning. We were excited to find it but worried about the very thin or non-existant shell.

Later this morning we couldn't find a chicken, and after looking around the yard, one scurried out from under a hedge. When I examined the spot I found these... So someone's been busy.

There are likely from one or both of our EEs.

Our first chickens, our first eggs. Now have to check out that malformed egg...
We had that same experience...aren't they clever :)

We had that same experience...aren't they clever :)

We've had 2 "rubber" eggs, but they seem to be back to laying regular hard shell eggs not. Let's hope. I was told it's nothing to worry about. Just getting their systems adjusted. Make sure you have oyster shell handy, in a feeder/bowl alone. I let mine eat it as they wish. Layer feed is needed too.

Hi Chickadude- Wish I could be more specific, but the birds I know for sure are Sultan, Persian Rumpless, French BC Marans, Birchen Marans Ameraucana (spelling!!!) the bearded ones, no ear tufts. I was told I could have (and I believe so) orpingtons, silkie mixes, American Game Bantams. I really don't know what all I have. They all supposedly are third generation from Bev Davis/ Presley/Wade Jeane/ Dan Powell/ Greenfire/ One Earth lines. Kind of a rescue type situation. I love the diversity of the egg sizes and colors...cream, plum, pink, green, red, speckled, all shades of brown. What a hoot! The tiny eggs have been fun, the guys are loving these as pickled treats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom