Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know its not a chicken egg, but i am so proud i want to show it off anyway!! its my first quail egg from my golden :D
i walked out to see the quail pen twenty minutes later and saw the second one! i think it is from the same bird, she is bigger than the other ladies, i think she just had two of them stored :)

i know its not a chicken egg, but i am so proud i want to show it off anyway!! its my first quail egg from my golden :D
i walked out to see the quail pen twenty minutes later and saw the second one! i think it is from the same bird, she is bigger than the other ladies, i think she just had two of them stored :)

Very pretty egg!!

Flapsy very first egg was laid this Sunday. It is about a medium size, but perfectly formed. Sarah was absolutely beaming when she brought this in.

I found this in the nest box today! The one on the right is yesterday's egg and the one on the left is today's. Same hen. She's a Barred Rock. She's been laying for a week. I'm guessing double yolk! Yesterday's was 430 gr, today's is 670!

here it is in the carton with the rest . . .

Last edited:
After a few white eggs from my 2 leghorns, they all of a sudden stopped laying, I thought. I checked all over the yard, nothing. Then today, I found 8 white eggs in the ferns (I did check there!). So, now I say lock them in the coop a few days to retrain them, But my husband says to just check that spot every day. What do you think?

After a few white eggs from my 2 leghorns, they all of a sudden stopped laying, I thought. I checked all over the yard, nothing. Then today, I found 8 white eggs in the ferns (I did check there!). So, now I say lock them in the coop a few days to retrain them, But my husband says to just check that spot every day. What do you think?
I would lock them in the coop. Laying in the fern where they are vernerable and durring the winter isnt much of an option in my opinion.

my second day! another blue one and i guess she encouraged another girl cause one is brown :)

Not the first, just recent, and thought the coloration was cool! And my Maycee wants to mother all the eggs, it's to funny!

wow! too cute to eat :) or are you hatching them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom