Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got 7 one year old EE's and 5 two year old Russian Orloff's and the kids are having a ball!

celebrate.gif
Our first egg this morning
yesss.gif
, from one of our Easter Egger's at 17 and 1/2 weeks old
woot.gif
. It is very small. Our barred rocks, same age, have not started to lay yet.

O gees... I forgot the picture the first time, lol. Here it is and she's a beauty!

Last edited:
On Jan/8 this year, we bought chickens. One of them was this white leghorn.
They were 4 days young.

The next day we took her picture:

We kept them in the brooder in our garage. She grew:

and grew. They became too big for the brooder so they went to their permanent coop in the backyard.
She grew again:

and again:

This morning after the usual feed-the-chicken-dont-peck-my-hand event, I was surprised.
19 weeks white leghorn gave me this gift:

I told my son this and he immediately woke up.
We ran outside to the coop to see the first egg.

Of course I had to take picture of his reaction.

He named her "snowflake" -- how original :).
It was so exciting for all of our family.

So My daughter raised some chicks from eggs at her school and we brought 4 of them home. I built a coop and run for them and my wife says she really wants eggs and cannot wait. So I went out and bought a couple of adult hens to see if they would lay. Ive had them for about 3 days, and I am proud to say, I Have my first ever Egg!!!!!! Yay this is awesome. Proud Papa Moment.. I belive the egg was from the Game hen I purchesed. she wasnt sitting on it but was out in the run, and I noticed she had went back to the box and was looking around. I assume it has hers.

Well this is technicaly the 3rd egg from 1 of my 6, 20 week old Hyline Browns, but the first 2 were soft and cracked. So this is egg 1 to me lol and will make one small breakfast tomorow hahaha, it only weighs in at 1.57oz, the girl layed it in her play sand lol.

Last edited:

so these are not the first-but this is the first time I have had a chance to play around. this is three days in a row but I have seven hens. its looking to me like someone isn't laying.. I am only three weeks in to all of this so no idea who might be the free loader but I don't really care. mostly still trying to figure out who lays what. having a blast-sold my first dozen yesterday and have two more in the fridge to sell plus a dozen for me. so excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom