Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

First EE egg today! So excited!

I was so excited to finally see an egg when I went in the pen Friday! I have 14 so I am not sure which one is laying but I am getting one a day so it is only one right now! Hopefully my other ladies are not far behind!

I was so excited to finally see an egg when I went in the pen Friday! I have 14 so I am not sure which one is laying but I am getting one a day so it is only one right now! Hopefully my other ladies are not far behind!

that is what I have been hoping for for almost 2 weeks now haha. I have 2 girls of 8 laying (one EE and one PR) and they lay almost every day but no one else has jumped on the bandwagon. I may have one more girl who has been laying irregularly in tandem with the PR because I have two eggs ever so slightly different shades of brown from the rest of the brown but she is the only one who has been caught in the act. It is rather adorable how much the rooster dotes on her (but not the EE) while she is trying to lay. He will first push the bedding around and sit in it and then lets her have a go meanwhile the EE is on her own stuck making her own nest haha.

My first egg. When I checked the nest boxes, I wasn't really expecting anything. Lol. My 9 girls are 21 weeks and I've been checking for several weeks, so today when this small egg was there, I was amazed!! I jumped up and down like a little kid with candy!! I'm not sure which one laid it, but I'm sure it was one of my Productions Reds, I have 6 of them. And 3 Langshans. Looking forward to lots of eggs but I'll always remember finding this one!!

This egg came from my White Leghorn hen, Snow. She has been laying since August 2nd. It's huge. I'm guessing it must have a double yolk. I don't see how this gigantic egg came out of that little hen.

Here is is in the carton with her others and the ones from my Rhode Island Red. Honestly, it is huge. It even has the Xtra Large eggs at the grocery store beat!

This egg came from my White Leghorn hen, Snow. She has been laying since August 2nd. It's huge. I'm guessing it must have a double yolk. I don't see how this gigantic egg came out of that little hen.

Here is is in the carton with her others and the ones from my Rhode Island Red. Honestly, it is huge. It even has the Xtra Large eggs at the grocery store beat!

Well, I suppose that is as good an explanation as any of why they sing the "Egg Song"! Outstanding for sure!

I will have a pic tomorrow but my EE Snowball laid her first egg today and it's..... GREEN! It's a light green and it's beautiful. I am so excited that we have a colored egg because we didn't even know we had an EE until about a month ago and up until then we just thought we'd be getting all brown eggs. I noticed her checking out the nest box yesterday and actually trying to move my NH out of the way (she was actually trying to lay her egg but my EE kept interrupting) and she finally laid hers today!! It's funny that my EE was actually the first one to sing the egg song and the 3rd to lay her egg. I wasn't home when she laid it so I'm not sure if she sang before, during, or after laying. My other 2 layers are super quiet when they lay so I wonder how she is. Oh it's also so nice that my EE squats now, she was nicknamed "trouble" from day 1 and she is good at running away from me when she needs to be caught but not so much anymore. If I am close enough to her she will just squat and I can scoop her up! I will load a picture of her egg tomorrow but until then here she is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom