Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boys, the neighbor's daughter, and I were hanging out in the front yard today, waiting for my husband to get home. I told them that I thought we would have our first egg within the next couple of days.

Husband arrives home and comes to visit us by the compost pile, looks down at my feet and says, "Is that an egg?" It was lying right on the ground right beside me!

So here's our first egg, likely from our Silver Cuckoo Marans, "Poulette". She will be 19 weeks old tomorrow and started squatting about a week ago.

There was much rejoicing by the three oldest children, and we had a "parade" down to see Grammie and show her our prize.
celebrate.gif

Our first 2 eggs, from "Betty" the white leghorn we bought at the State Fair last week. Our original 6 haven't given us any yet, and none of them do white eggs, so it was easy to tell who these were from. We each got about a bite of scrambled egg - they were delicious!
We just put in a couple of makeshift next boxes with golf balls in them - we found these eggs under the grapevine!

First teeny eggs from our beautiful Easter Egger Cybil. My kids were so excited!!

One question... Do pullet eggs taste "eggier" than their mature size eggs? I made the kids scrambled eggs from them and my kids gobbled them up. I had one bite and they had a very strong taste to me.

First teeny eggs from our beautiful Easter Egger Cybil. My kids were so excited!!

One question... Do pullet eggs taste "eggier" than their mature size eggs? I made the kids scrambled eggs from them and my kids gobbled them up. I had one bite and they had a very strong taste to me.

Are these the first eggs for your flock - or just for this bird? I ask because while I have never noticed any difference in pullet vs. hen eggs, a lot of folks are surprised by the "eggy" taste of farm eggs vs. commercial/store eggs

That egg looks very pink. Is it the lighting that makes it look that way?
not speaking for fshinggrl but my son keeps saying our BA eggs are pink. In some lighting I also think they look a tad bit pink but I think the real color is a very light brown. They are pretty whatever the color may be!

Are these the first eggs for your flock - or just for this bird?  I ask because while I have never noticed any difference in pullet vs. hen eggs, a lot of folks are surprised by the "eggy" taste of farm eggs vs. commercial/store eggs
that is funny because I was telling my husband that the fresh eggs from our chickens taste less eggy than store bought. I'm not an egg person but like these home grown ones.

I agree. We got our first egg today and the yolk was orange'ish and was gooey and thick. Very good egg, we are happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom