Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

From my Buff Orpington, Bailey, the first of my five chickens to lay. And she did it on my granddaughter's 7th birthday, which was really cool because this is the granddaughter that named and help raise the chicks. Bailey is exactly six months old today and laid this egg two days ago.

Pepper's first egg…not quite 6 month old black australorp…I was so impressed that she found the box since the coop isn't even finished yet. I have removed the tools etc and put some hay in there and in 3 days I've been rewarded with 3 eggs…I love my hens!

I was very curious about what colour eggs my sweet australorps/grünlegger mix girls Leonora and Mircalla would lay :)

My third hen is laying! This is an egg from my Maran, Bluebelle. I was watching my hens early this morning while sitting outside and drinking my coffee. She started singing her hen song and continued for about 45 minutes. Then she hopped in a nesting box and laid this egg. Not as dark as I expected, but it is cute!

Here is a picture of her in the background to the left of the feeder.

Here are the three eggs I'm getting so far from my Rhode Island Red, White Leghorn, and now my Blue Maran.

This is just so exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom