Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me what causes this to happen?? These are out of my 6 month old pullets. Looks like crackle was applied.

Last edited:
I'm too new at this and only have four pullets, so I've never seen this before. I have seen my girls lift up when they drop an egg, and they they sort of roll them around in the nest. I sometimes wonder why they don't get scratched up more! Maybe that's what's doing it? Or not.
idunno.gif

So I have a silly egg question. This is my first time eating or even seeing a fresh egg. Are the yolks supposed to be a very dark orange, almost red? My daughter dropped a few carrying them up the basement stairs. Take a look at the one on the top. Is a normal color yolk??

So I have a silly egg question. This is my first time eating or even seeing a fresh egg. Are the yolks supposed to be a very dark orange, almost red? My daughter dropped a few carrying them up the basement stairs. Take a look at the one on the top. Is a normal color yolk??

YES!

It is amazing how bright orangish yellow the yolks are in fresh eggs!

I have heard feeding corn makes them more organish, but I am not sure. I love eating my fresh eggs, they fry up so nice and pretty and the scrambled eggs are really appealing!

These are not first eggs my babies have been laying eggs for about three weeks, but they sure are small and cute...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom