Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So eggcited!

The chickies laid their first eggs.
We don't know who did it, but over night they managed to lay THREE eggs! (We have 5 hens)

(The girls were hatched June 29th, and today is December 21st. That's how long we've been waiting.)

Wow - their cycles are in sync!
D.gif

Thank you.

My birds don't make any noise when they lay. Well, the 2 that have started. I'm anxiously waiting for the rest of the girls to kick in. 6 months old on December 25!

Mine made noise the first couple of times, but not since. Maybe because it's winter and I'm not outside all the time. Come summer maybe I will hear more beautiful egg songs!

My first egg came November 17th, since then their have been many first from my 15 pullets with 9 breeds. Today was my last first, at 26 weeks, Olivia my Olive egger laid her first, so now my rainbow is complete.

Clockwise from the Large white...
Lt. Brown Leghorn,
Silkie
Black Copper Maran
Welsummer
Lavender Orpington
Blue Laced Wyandotte
Olive Egger
Easter Egger
Cream Legbar

My first egg came November 17th, since then their have been many first from my 15 pullets with 9 breeds. Today was my last first, at 26 weeks, Olivia my Olive egger laid her first, so now my rainbow is complete.

Lt. Brown Leghorn,
Silkie
Black Copper Maran
Welsummer
Lavender Orpington
Blue Laced Wyandotte
Olive Egger
Easter Egger
Cream Legbar

I am so impressed you know who lays which egg..

When I am asked which chicken lays which egg, I just "wonademdid"

Lt. Brown Leghorn,
Silkie
Black Copper Maran
Welsummer
Lavender Orpington
Blue Laced Wyandotte
Olive Egger
Easter Egger
Cream Legbar

Beautiful display! I love my EEs for their egg color, but this is a most impressive variety! Do all those different breeds get along with each other?

Beautiful display!  I love my EEs for their egg color, but this is a most impressive variety!  Do all those different breeds get along with each other?

They are all doing great together, I ordered two Roos, a black copper maran and a Columbian Wyandotte, one of the two silkies I got is also roo and my blue Amerucana ended up a roo, but he is gorgeous, so I have 4 roos. They are getting along to. The silkie one is just there, so there are 5 pullets each for the other three. I want to replace the 3 pullets. I lost, my Columbian Wyandotte at 8 days one of my black copper Marans at 14 weeks and my blue Amerucana that decided to be a boy! Lol.

Last edited:
Beautiful display! I love my EEs for their egg color, but this is a most impressive variety! Do all those different breeds get along with each other?

I have multicultural birds. I have taught the tolerance and acceptance. My different breeds get along with each other and the turkeys and guinea hens too. Even though the guinea hens lack most bird manners and are an off shoot of the "Bloods" or "Crips" I am not sure which, most likely the Crips based on their color.

The only birds I found that did not fit in well where the geese, God rest their souls.

Laptops broke, kids dumped something on it . So I can't hit the funny post on my phone. But that is one funny post!

Mine made noise the first couple of times, but not since. Maybe because it's winter and I'm not outside all the time. Come summer maybe I will hear more beautiful egg songs!
Maybe they just less uncomfortable laying eggs now and it's become a less spectacular thing to them?
idunno.gif
I like the egg song. It tickles me to hear it!
ya.gif

22 weeks old tomorrow one of our babies laid this today we think it was Princess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom