Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
yes! I finally got my first egg! The older 3 girls started squatting 2 days ago and today I got an egg...

I think it is from my australorp based on the color and shape. She is 30 weeks old. My girls have been mature for awhile but I think the nice weather this past week has gotten them in the egg laying mood.

It was laying on the patio in their hang out spot. Silly girls.

Compare to the store bought egg! Wow. I scrambled both seperately, my egg was so good! I'm not sure how people wouldn't like their own eggs....
comparsion.jpg

in my hand
inhand.jpg

next to large grocery white
nexttostorebought.jpg

Our Easter Egger, Killer is a good layer! She just started this month and the temps are insanely cold! She is sbout 21 weeks now and been laying about a week.
KillersFirstJan09.jpg

KillerJanuary09.jpg

KillersJan09.jpg

And our Black Austrlorp just laid her first one this morning. What a relief because we were worried she was a rooster. She's also about 21 weeks.
StephsFirstJan182009.jpg

Last edited:
First buckeye egg! This morning (17 degrees) we found our 1st egg. At only 2 3/4 inches it isn't going to be much of a breakfast but hey! it's a start!

18786_egg_003.jpg

D.gif
WooHoo!!!!! Somebody layed an EGG!!!! We built them a bigger run today and I guess they decided to thank us!
D.gif

DSC_0192-1.jpg

Egg on right is store bought Free Range egg.

DSC_0194.jpg

Last edited:
Have another first egg, so two gathered today. I watched the buff orp go into the coop first, went and got it's egg from the nest box after she came and my australorp was in the opposite box and shortly later I had another egg. I think it was the buff orp who start laying first and not the australorp like I said in my other post.

buff orp egg on left, black australorp on left:
secondfirstegg.jpg

My brahma should join in any day now because she starting squatting the same day as the other. I have a BR and RIR too but they are younger. Good girls who laid the eggs:

bufforp31weeks.jpg

austra32weeks.jpg

I have a quick question. Every morning my chickens do like a ritual "cluck cluck cluck PAKAHHH " for about an hour. I don't have any roosters because I live in the city, but their clucks are becoming a nuisance. I specifically got all hens because i thought they were more quite. Does anybody know why they keep doing this and how i can possibly stop it!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom