Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first egg was laid on September 1/2016 by a 17 week old barred rock pullet. They are

now 24 weeks old and all 7 are now laying daily. Picture of the first egg.

Wow that's awesome! Looks huge for a first egg
263a.png

I have a MAMMOTH first egg, today from a mammoth hen. The white one is a large egg from the grocery store.

Last edited:
WOW! What breed is your mammoth hen? I'd love to see that egg next to one of my little frizzle hens egg. They are like a quail egg size. Slightly bigger. That's an awesome egg you got

WOW! What breed is your mammoth hen? I'd love to see that egg next to one of my little frizzle hens egg. They are like a quail egg size. Slightly bigger. That's an awesome egg you got

Her name is BB (betty buttless) she's a barnyard mix, she's the black one. Jersey Giant, Australorp? No idea but she towers over our large Easter Egger. I'll bet that egg is a double yolk. I hope it is because it doesn't fit in the carton.

Last edited:

So my egg layers are only about a week and a half old but if you've ever been to Kauai you know we have tons of wild chickens. Well my boyfriend and daughter caught two wild hens that she's been feeding some egg layer just for fun (she's only 2). They've only been in the cage for two days. And today one of them laid an egg! Such a cool surprise.

I'm so excited to finally be posting in this thread!!!! My rir finally laid her egg but didn't make it to the nesting box in time... she's been in the box for a couple of days making herself at home too

Hello Folks,
I waited and waited and finally I got my first BLUE EGG from 1 of my 3 Ameraucanas; she

laid on Oct 12 2016 at age 24 weeks. Since then, the other 2 have started laying. Here's a photo of several blue eggs and my prettiest (I think) Ameraucana.. I have 8 other chickens of different breeds... Kay in NC... 10.25.16

I'm Replying to my own post. Obviously I can't count LOL. I think my A was 26 weeks old when she first laid and the other 2 started after her.. I know I didn't think any of them would ever start LOL and now I get one bluish egg each day... Kay in NC .. 10.25.16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom