Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

our RIR had been making SOOOOO much noise this morning. I knew she had all the signs she was ready to lay, but just seemed confused and stressed. I was worried about the excessive noise so we put her in the garage to "calm her down" in a box for a few hours. We were going to move her into the dog crate/minicoop we used for new hens, picked her up out of the box and there it was! She just needed a time out in a quiet dark place alone to make her egg!

Yippeee!!!! I got my first egg!
wee.gif
I have no idea which one of the 4 layed it but they did not lay in the nesting box...it was on the ground next to the coop
hu.gif

Last edited:

Yippeee!!!! I got my first egg!
wee.gif
I have no idea which one of the 4 layed it but they did not lay in the nesting box...it was on the ground next to the coop
hu.gif

Congratulations - that is a lovely first egg! As to the location, don't worry about that - the first eggs are often found in odd places, it takes a bit for them to figure out the whole process. You can help by assuring the nest boxes are inviting (to a chicken) and easily asccessible. "Baiting" the nests with some fake eggs (wooden or ceramic eggs, golf balls, etc) can also help.

We have mama and her nine peeps. She's recently decided she doesn't want to be mama anymore. And with her new attitude we have... our first egg!

[/IMG]My first post and my first egg! My golden comet, Little Red, laid this beautiful little brown egg yesterday on her 5 month birthday.

Hewegg, Cuckoo Marans, 26 weeks. Here is her egg next to a store bought "large." She was a very good girl and went back into the coop after breakfast to lay her egg in the nestbox!!

My pretty girl (who we thought was a boy a month ago lol) laid her first egg!!

little while ago doing a head count and checking food/water/nests realized she was unaccounted for and found her in the nest box!! And she just popped out singing her I laid an egg song and found not just 1 but 2!! She must have laid the first early this morning before we let them out or just after... so excited! Not only are these her first eggs but also our only eggs in almost a month thanks to molting and the weather changing (guessing on that..).

So exciting!! We found our first EGGS yesterday - 6!! Not sure who laid them, but I think it was 2 longhorns and a barred rock. The rest are unclear.

Found one after this pic was snapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom