Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the video from agricultural I think. It explains egg Laing process. Sorry I don't remember why but it does talk about reason for spots and speckles.

I read somewhere else the markings are like fingerprints, pattern remains same.

✳❇❇✳✴❇✳✴❇✳❇✴

Edited to add link for video it explains alot about egg production formation

This was so interesting! Thanks for posting!

One of my baby girls laid her first egg today! I am so proud of her. X3 And so are her dad and brother who were standing guard over the nestbox watching her as she laid her first egg.
First Egg.png
Here it is in comparison to one of her mother's eggs, so cute and small! The young hen was annoyed with me though as being a worrywort, the moment she hopped off the nest I was checking her bottom to be sure she didn't have any complications. :p It was a smooth egg-lay, not even any blood on the shell!

One of my other young hens has been struggling with laying her first egg for 3 days now, and I was growing concerned despite not seeing or feeling anything physically wrong with her. She wanted to lay an egg and kept going in the nest box, but was too easily distracted and kept leaving it and then whining loudly to complain about it. I stuck a rubber dummy egg in the box to help encourage her to stay in it... It worked, but not how I expected... :lau

I thought she'd see it, lay on it, and then lay her own egg... Nope, she saw it, pecked at the strange intruder egg, noticed it felt odd, and kept pecking at it even harder to make it bounce a little and managed to keep her distracted long enough in the nest box to lay her own egg! Luckily she didn't feel like testing to see if her own eggs bounce. :p

She was super exited and happy after FINALLY laying her egg, doing an egg song while running out and causing everyone else in the yard to sing along.

View attachment 1136929 This is our first egg given last week by our runty EE, Hazel at 18 weeks. She's given 7 eggs in her first 8 days of laying. Small, but getting bigger and a beautiful blue. My Plymouth Barred Rock seems like she's close. Waiting on 4....
It's SOOO beautiful!!! My EE laid her first egg today (on the right, next to my SLW's brown one) and it's not really very blue, darn it!

Attachments

• IMG_4710.jpeg
    IMG_4710.jpeg
    464 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom