Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
23746_005.jpg

First egg today from our red star hen, Penny. She had been showing lots of interest in the nesting box, so I knew she'd be our first. I emailed everyone I know. (Yes, I know I'm now an official Crazy Chicken Lady!)

22798_ghiradelli_first_eggs_on_quilt_8-09.jpg

22798_ghiradelli_fist_two_eggs_my_hand_8-6-09.jpg

These are from my EE girl Ghiradelli, who is 5 months old. She layed her first egg yesterday, and gave me another one today. She was the the first to hatch, of my first ever incubation attempt. She is the first one to lay. Her eggs are so small, perfect, and such a beautiful shade of green! Can you tell I'm a proud mom? Now if her sister Ginseng would just start.........

Look what we found a few days ago! And we've found one more perfect little egg and a soft shell since. I'm pretty sure they are coming from our Red Sex Links. They were hatched on April Fools Day of this year. That makes them just barely 17 weeks old.
7902_dscf0228.jpg

Our first egg! The girls were SUPER excited and BOTH had to have pictures with it, getting our youngest to let us cook it was a different story! lol

8-08-8-3-09478.jpg

8-08-8-3-09479.jpg

Found the first eggs today!
big_smile.png
Not sure which of the girls layed them - I think probably a bantam since they're pretty small. My girls are 16 weeks 3 days. I found four but didn't check yesterday so I think 2 of the girls started laying the same day. Pretty cool!

27532_eggs_8_08.jpg

We got our first 2 eggs today!!!! One was a big Egg and the other much more petite.

It was so funny....just yesterday my Daughter and I were researching and researching here on the forums, thinking Very Red Combed Georgette might be a George!

Nope, she was ready to lay eggs!

Though there is still a possibility that it was the other two Girls...and Georgette is a George?

My first egg ever!

89-1.jpg

I can't yet bring myself to eat it. It seems so special! Plus, if you include the construction and feed costs, and my medical bills (from a broken wrist after I fell while moving the chicken tractor) that's an $808.27 egg!

89-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom