Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are about a month or two away from getting our first chicken egg so I thought I'd share my first egg which was an quaker parrot egg
big_smile.png

imagew2.aspx

32279_qpegg1.jpg

32279_hueyhatching2.jpg

Our 18 week old Golden Sex Link named Buttercup layed her first egg today! Yay!
big_smile.png

She had been pacing about the coop for the last couple of days, spending the day inside while the others were out in the run, so I knew she was ready to lay. She dug in several places, and couldn't seem to decide where to lay her egg. So, after seeing no egg this morning, I went out and put 2 golfballs in one of the nesting boxes. Less then half an hour later, Buttercup was standing just outside the coop on the ramp squaking loudly, telling everyone she had just layed her very first egg
big_smile.png

I'm really surprised that all the boost she needed were those 2 golfballs to tell her where she should lay her egg. She has never seen an egg before, so I assume her natural instincts must have told her what to do.

Buttercup and her egg...

Not too shabby for her first egg, here it is next to a store-bought one.

Here's my first welsummer egg. I got my wellie girls from Ideal Hatchery, and I'd been hearing that hatchery wellie eggs weren't very great. Well, I'm very excited about our first one. We have 7 wellie pullets who will be 6 months old on September 16, so I look forward to a LOT more like this one.
P9060002.jpg

Here are other eggs gathered for comparison. A white egg, a barred rock egg, an australorp egg, and the wellie egg.
P9060005.jpg

Quote:
CONGRATS!
celebrate.gif

I can hardly wait- I have 4 EE's all ready to go (waiting) they are 21 weeks old tomorrow- you give me hope!
big_smile.png

wee.gif
I also used a golf ball in my egg boxes..It works great.. My Rhoad Island Red lay:yaed her first egg, Friday.
celebrate.gif
It was like she new that the ball ment lay the egg here.. She also made alot of noise after she layed the egg. So that everyone new what she had done.

Last edited:
Our first Egg from a Brown Leghorn.

firstegg1.jpg

firstegg2.jpg

We still have a Barred Rock and two Brahmans that are 3 weeks younger than the Leghorn.

First egg:woot:woot on labor day how appropriate:weee:weee:weee:weee

yippiechickie.gif
:yiipchick:yiipchick:yiipchick:yiipchick

and the feather left behind makes me suspect it is from my sumatra hen:D

32511_first_egg.jpg

32511_egg_feather.jpg

32511_028.jpg

sweet peep

First egg from one of my RIRs. She has now become the dominate hen and was kicking butt today on the one I thought was the dominate hen.

37673_dsc00925.jpg

37673_dsc00917.jpg

Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom