Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Egg 11/3/09 from my Black Australope -
42787_fisrt_egg.jpg

Our GC Maran laid her first egg today... it had blood streaks and looks almost large enough to be a double yolker.

It's in the upper right hand corner with today and yesterdays eggs.

10376_csc_0013.jpg

I was hoping that the Maran egg would be darker but our BSL egg is pretty dark and it's in the middle on the left.

The other first egg we got today is the cream colored one just below the Maran's egg on the right.

It's either out of an easter egger or our Salmon Faverolle.

Oh... and a first egg from yesterday is the little white one in the middle from one of our polish.

Last edited:
Today I went outside to check my Rhode Island Reds and instead of three running up to greet me I only saw two. The third one finally stuck her head out of her hiding place in a crevice under our back stairs once I started giving out treats. I never would have found her first egg without seeing her there! Luckily, I caught her today with just the one and not three weeks from now!

IMG_7829.JPG

It was almost as big as a grocery store egg.
IMG_7825.JPG

The other two are going to be going to the late egg laying record, but I'm just happy that at least one is no longer a freeloader!

After 6 months of waiting I finally saw this on 10/23:

DSCN2062.jpg

and when she stood up I found this:

DSCN2074.jpg

I was sooooo excited I called anyone I thought would care and maybe some who didn't.

and now today we found 3 eggs!
woot.gif

yay another one started laying
big_smile.png

DSCF1564.jpg
20 mins after that photo was taken there was this
Chookseggs016.jpg

Quote:
Lovely eggs! I just love those light blue eggs u have there. Do you have an ameracauna, aracauna, or EE?

Quote:
Lovely eggs! I just love those light blue eggs u have there. Do you have an ameracauna, aracauna, or EE?

I have purebred Wheaten/Blue Ameraucanas from eggs that I got from Melissa (pasofinofarm) here on BYC. They are BEAUTIFUL birds and my wife's favorites.

Here is one of them.

10376_jennie1.jpg

Quote:

I have purebred Wheaten/Blue Ameraucanas from eggs that I got from Melissa (pasofinofarm) here on BYC. They are BEAUTIFUL birds and my wife's favorites.

Here is one of them.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/10376_jennie1.jpg

That indeed is a beautiful bird! I long for some of those light blue eggs...but right now i have to first wait for the 4 i have to start laying!
barnie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom