Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another picture!

96076_img_2881.jpg

Can you believe I went back out and there was another egg in the run?!
I think the first one was from late yesterday, and the new one was right after I collected the first one. It had some blood streaks, but I'm guessing thats bc she isn't stretched out yet. Is that usually the case? Poor girl... No wonder why she's so loud!
smile.png

97869_doshuevos.jpg

I have some laying hens that I got as adults, but this is my first egg from a chick I raised (well the broody really raised her). She's a 29 week old EE and the egg is minty green!
95904_403.jpg

FINALLY! At 25 weeks my smallest bird out of the three, the one with the barely red comb, the one that is always behind the other two laid the first egg. Hooray for you Aubree, you good bird! Still nothing from the other two?
95366_dscn1918.jpg

95366_1st_egg.jpg

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

First egg!! I am wondering.... is this from my Buff Brahma, or my Cuckoo Maran?? I thought that the CM's eggs would be darker, and she is squatting. The other 3 are EEs and a Polish, so I know it's not theirs.
They were hatched the first week of June, so it looks like they're about 23/24 weeks old. One of my EEs is also squatting!
THIS IS SO EXCITING FOR ME!!!
84181_img_2575.jpg

6370420553_0009ce5f8a_z.jpg

First eggs! Not just one, but three! Two small ones, and the larger one was a double yolker! Scrambled them up this morning for the little girl in the photo. Went down to the coop to find another new egg!

Rhode Island Reds are doing well! Our barred rocks are still a couple months away from laying, but by spring we should be in full production and will have eggs coming out of our ears. Hope our family and friends like eggs.

Sunshine Layed her first eggs the week of Oct 28th.
100379_p1010472.jpg

In comparison to our big girls: (who have gone to freezer camp)
100379_p1010369.jpg

I have been leaving the lights on in the covered run for them. They tend to be early risers, but today was ridiculous.
This morning I ran out a 3am to shut the lights off. Sunshine was up and singing the egg song at the top of her lungs!! Just picture it, 3am, big black muck boots, big fluffy purple house robe flapping in the wind as I run out to the garage to pop the loud chicken back in the chicken house and shut off the light. Silly chicken. Sillier Chicken Lady.

DH is fixing the lights to a timer on a remote for me today. (we are not chicken legal. I wonder how long our neighbours would tolerate 3am sing song time?!)

My little flock:I now have 3 of the 6 little girls laying daily.
100379_p1010484.jpg

Our 7 month old Amberlink, Amelia, laid the first egg!

Our Speckled Sussex should start soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom