Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

We have a fox looking for a way in to the coop. The video is grainy but, looks like a fox. spotted it at 10:50pm. The camera is on the run facing toward the house. So the wireless works from about 100' feet away. Blink XT 1st generation.

fox1.JPG

Definitely a fox.
Hope it can't get into your coop.....which IIRC is pretty well built.
My daily routine includes looking for signs of digging. The so far main coop and run have a so far perfect record.

Lost a 3 of 6 chicks a few months ago. They were 8 weeks at the time. None of the hens were killed. They were out in the auxiliary run, that is uncovered. with 2"x 4" welded wire. They are still restricted to the main run for now.

Attachments

• 20200916_075037.jpg
    20200916_075037.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 18
I have 2"x 4" welded wire with chicken wire. I have good heavy duty netting covering all of my pens. Good luck and have fun...
IMG_20200428_102816.jpg

I have 2"x 4" welded wire with chicken wire.
View attachment 2335873
I see you added chicken wire. I suppose that might help to slow down a predator. Not sure it would stop some of the predators we have.

My main run is Hardware cloth. With a buried apron. So far nothing has gotten through. The side run, is 2x4 welded wire. It is 5' tall. My best guess is that a fox dug under or a weasel went right through and got my 3 pullets. Also, that side run had not been used in a while. So there was plenty of places for a predator to hide and wait. At some point I will risk the hens returning to the side run. But for now, I will keep them enclosed in HW cloth and roof.

I also have electric wires around my coops and pens and concrete under the gates plus the good heavy duty netting covering all of the pens. The only losses I have had was because of my stupidity which I have since corrected. I have several game cameras up on my property to see what is roaming here, especially at night when most of the predators roam here. We have coyote, fox, bobcats, coons, possums, skunks and aerial predators, owls, hawks and eagles. One of the neighbors awhile back said they sighted a Florida panther not far from us and it got a neighbors chickens. Not sure about that. They all like chickens. Again, good luck...

I haven't had any predator problems In quite awhile but see possums lately the most on my game cameras. If they don't mess with my birds I don't mess with them but mess with my birds then I will eliminate them.
IMAG000198 02.jpg
DSCF000298 02.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom