Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Sava Cam download shows fox, a nosy doe, my own Brahmas on their free range time and a hen who is not mine. I'm having invader issues with a neighbor's 24/7 free rangers so will have to spend a lot of $$ to shore up about 450' of fencing on that side of the property. They have to go a long way to go off his acreage, across a dirt road, up a steep bank and onto my pasture lot. Being strict about my biosecurity, this does not make me a happy camper. But, you see where the fox is, so that neighbor's flock will soon be decimated because I don't think there is a pen; he seems to just let them out in the morning and they go wherever they like. And, no, I am not going to talk to him about it. Years living next to him nixed that idea. He'll find out about predator losses soon, I'm sure.

DSCF0030.JPG DSCF0069.JPG
DSCF0109.JPG
DSCF0110.JPG

It likes your place and wants to be adopted... This is the time of year when the predators are mating and having young so I'm sure it will be a meal for a predator eventually.

It likes your place and wants to be adopted... This is the time of year when the predators are mating and having young so I'm sure it will be a meal for a predator eventually.
Yes, it and the Welsummer rooster, Welsummer hens, the RIR hen and whatever else he has down there. I can rehome them for him. Not with me because I have no idea where he got them, probably some auction or flea market, but I can find them a nicer home. 😉... IF they survive.

cam is on the driveway, driveway is a short loop. We've never lost a hen to a critter except the once when our dear Chickzka the Polish decided not to come in to the coop after free ranging. She choose instead to sit on a hidden nest. We found the nest but not her (15 eggs on it!)
Not showing the local dogs, cats and squirrels which make up the bulk of the daily pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0291.JPG
    IMG_0291.JPG
    399.7 KB · Views: 8
  • nov into dec (22).JPG
    nov into dec (22).JPG
    311.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 1 30 21 cats and lion (4).JPG
    1 30 21 cats and lion (4).JPG
    345.4 KB · Views: 7
Yes, it and the Welsummer rooster, Welsummer hens, the RIR hen and whatever else he has down there. I can rehome them for him. Not with me because I have no idea where he got them, probably some auction or flea market, but I can find them a nicer home. 😉... IF they survive.
I don't take any birds in either. I have in the past gotten some birds at shows but I have a couple of coops and pens that are not not close to the main group of coops and pens and I put the birds I bring on to the property in the isolated coops and pens. People know I raise chickens so every now and then someone will show up with a bird/s as ask if I want it/them. We have a farm swap twice a month at our local TSC so I always tell them about it and tell them I'm sure they can find a home there for their bird/birds.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/florida-always-sunny-side-up.305793/post-23968799

Here is some from the download of the little Apeman camera. That fox is really hanging around. This back corner of the compost pile area is quite popular. Lots of deer, but it sure takes sharp pictures up close. Not a bad little camera for the price. IMAG0020.JPG IMAG0040.JPG
IMAG0043.JPG
IMAG0044.JPG
IMAG0045.JPG
IMAG0053.JPG
IMAG0055.JPG
IMAG0058.JPG
IMAG0063.JPG

Foxy is lurking for an opportunity. This is the season when they mate and have their young so it may show up during the day when you least expect it and grab a bird. I lost a very special bird to a fox a couple of years ago during the day when I was distracted and I still beat myself up for not putting her in her pen while I was distracted. Good luck...

Yeah, I know that this is the season when they are really diligent in their hunting efforts. The neighbor who free ranges all the time, no pen for them, is going to lose a few, I'm betting. They are all over his 6 1/2 acres and on some of mine, as you saw in a previous photo. I had to chase one of his Buff Orp hens yesterday when she squeezed through the 4x4" opening in the livestock fencing to get into my place. Why they think my place is so much better, I have no idea, but I hate for them to be fox bait. Of course, anyone can lose a bird to a fox. One ran into my friend's garage when she was cleaning cages and snatched a bantam Cochin hen right from under her feet. Her rooster ran after the fox and she ran after the little guy to try to make sure he wasn't a casualty as well.

Back
Top Bottom