Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Thank you!
I am just west of Richmond Va. They must be nesting nearby, they are still around this morning.

We're not too far from each other. Owls can be a real problem with chickens. My neighbor has bantams, the coop is a an old barn. At least once a summer an owl will fly into the barn and try to get some chickens. I asked him why he didn't put hardware cloth or wire up to deter the owls and he said the owls only fly in just as the chickens are filing in for the night, Seems the owls have learned the chicken schedule down to the minute! I don't have that problem. My chickens go up into a small door when it starts getting dark and I lock them in tight. I have some trail cam shots of owls flying thru the backyard but they're zipping thru and are a white squiggly line on the trail cam! I know they're owls and are around because I hear them! Any idea what your owls are?

Beautiful! They look like barred owls to me. We have them nesting here in an old oak tree every spring. I love watching the babies grow up! They don't usually bother our chickens, but sometimes a young owl will get curious. I've never caught one on the game cam, though.

Back
Top Bottom