Post your puppy here!

This is my Toby! He's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, he just turned 1 year old on Valentine's Day of this year.
smile.png

IMG_3970-1.jpg

Our beautiful Tibetan Mastiff Helena had a litter of 13 three weeks ago and they are just tanks! Here's mom
love.gif

65984_img_1696.jpg

65984_img_1677.jpg

65984_img_0233.jpg

65984_img_0348.jpg

and here is a puppy photo or two of some other TMs that grace my life:

65984_img_2783.jpg

65984_img_5107.jpg

65984_img_2218.jpg

Here is my best livestock guardian, Mugz
65984_img_2358.jpg

here's another pic of his son (head shot of gold pup above is also same pup, Rio)
65984_img_2178.jpg

Quote:
thanks! he knows he's pretty, lol. we're almost sure he's a mix of some sort, the dude weighs ~80lbs, is fairly tall, and has ticking in his white socks, which we don't think pure pits do? i'm not an expert on the breed, but i thought i'd read someplace that you get ticking with pit/mastiff mixes.
big_smile.png

here's another photo where you can see it better:

3215363743_396efdce17.jpg

he's also not full grown yet in these photos
big_smile.png

Purebred Mastiffs do not have ticking; in fact, they have very little white on them. You can get ticking on AmStaff, Am. Pit Bulls, Pit Bulls, American Bulldogs, Alapha Bull dogs and ticking as well from crosses usually with AuCaDos (Australian Cattle Dog) which are also very strong with red and blue colorations.

the Am. Pit Bull can range from 40 to 110 lbs as well whereas the AmStaff is smaller and lighter.

Nevertheless, your boy is beautiful!

Quote:
ahh, see, this is why you can't trust the internet for dog breed research
big_smile.png
i'd read stats much different than that, saying they normally only got up to 60lbs (but they all kinda conflict with each other, there's so much "debate" as to what is pitbull is, and "fighting" strains VS "show" strains, english vs american, etc). i usually just call him a pit anyway since that's what he most resembles. thanks for the info!

I would avoid calling him a pit even though he probably is a high percentage, just to avoid breed specific laws and legislation. You could easily call him a Labrador/AuCaDo cross as well
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom