POSTER GOT ME WONDERING--FEED SURVEY???

home mix from a local farmer. he grows the ingredients himself.

my chickens/ducks/turkeys are doing exceptional on it and the meaties are especially doing fantastic.

super inexpensive, convenient and they 'eat local'!

I'm using ADM Pen Pals eggmaker complete and it seems to be working well. I do mix in about 1% flax seed and 2% kelp meal to boost the nutrition a bit.

I use Purina Layena sunfresh brand ! Layer pellets and start and grow. I have never gotten a bad batch and my girls seem to love it. Its not to expensive and its a pretty nice feed. No animal byproducts so I do feed my girls some non poultry meat scraps on occasion and they spend allot of their day looking for bugs.

Henry

Hello

I've been reading this post about brands of feed.
I get laying pellets and scrath from the local feed store. Don't know the names. But would like to know if I should be using other stuff too.
My ducks eat up the scrath and the guineass aslso. But what really should they all be eating?
Weat, oats?

Hope it was ok to ask this here.

Dottie

Our birds eat Lakeland layer pellets and scratch. Lakeland is a good MT company that grows and produces all the feed themselves--quality stuff, and affordable. We also give our birds a mix of rolled 7 grains as a treat--we get that in the bulk section of the grocery store. At a buck a pound, it's kind of pricey, but as just an occasional hand-fed treat, it's okay. They also get some kitchen leftovers and plenty of bugs and weeds!

* BUGS are pricey!! Just got some waxworms, mealworms and 8 crickets for Miss Perky, she who is not too keen on regular feed. . . The crickets were 15 cents EACH, for crying out loud!! I think I am in the wrong business!
hmm.png

Last edited:
I fed Dumor starter/grower, and had some weird feather issues that resolved when I switched to Purina.

I feed my adults Buckeye brand layer pellets, because it has animal protein in it, and it's a bit higher in protein than Layena. They love it, and turn their noses up at Layena now.

Back
Top Bottom