Posting for a friend. When do I pull eggs and give up?

It's day 23. How long do I wait before removing all eggs and cutting my losses. 9 hatched yesterday.
I'd give them at least 24 hours after the last egg hatched and then candle the ones that haven't hatched. If there are no internally pips you can water candle for movement. If nothing then I would proceed with eggtopsying the eggs.

There was one fella on here who had one hatch 3 days after it was due, so I always go around telling people to wait 3 days past the hatch date. He threw the egg in the field and went over to look and there was a chick! He of course took it into the brooder and it did fine! True story I read on BYC.

There was one fella on here who had one hatch 3 days after it was due, so I always go around telling people to wait 3 days past the hatch date. He threw the egg in the field and went over to look and there was a chick! He of course took it into the brooder and it did fine! True story I read on BYC.
My very first hatch my only survivor hatched on day 24. (I also had one hatch day 25, but he didn't make it.) That's why I say candle and water candle first.

Back
Top Bottom