Solved posts out of order

This thread is still missing posts:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/rooster-killing-hens.1496543/

Last night, my last post was on page 2, so it was at least the 11th post in the thread.
Now that same post is number 5, so at least 6 posts are missing. One of the missing posts is the one from the OP that I quoted.
No posts should have been deleted. The work done to fix the emojis was to replace all the old posts again prior to the import with their corrected versions. It shouldn't have deleted any posts, as it was a replace function with the unique post ID which is stored in the database.

That thread was also started after the migration to the new server, so shouldn't have been impacted at all by any of the posts being in the incorrect order.

The posts I see of yours in the DB are what are in the thread.

Excellent work (as always) @MattW !!!

... and thanks to our community for their help and patience!!

(For the record: we keep about 180 days of database backups as well as distributing backups over 6 hard-drives across multiple servers, networks, hosts, and geographic locations... so even in a "worst-case" scenario, we'd roll-back to the most recent clean backup of BYC and restore to that )

No posts should have been deleted. The work done to fix the emojis was to replace all the old posts again prior to the import with their corrected versions. It shouldn't have deleted any posts, as it was a replace function with the unique post ID which is stored in the database.

That thread was also started after the migration to the new server, so shouldn't have been impacted at all by any of the posts being in the incorrect order.

The posts I see of yours in the DB are what are in the thread.
Also, as a precaution, I've just restored the database backup I took prior to starting any work this morning. There are only 5 posts in that thread:

Code:
MariaDB [DB1]> SELECT COUNT(*) as POSTS FROM `xf_post` WHERE `thread_id` = "1496543" AND `message_state` = "visible";
+-------+
| POSTS |
+-------+
|     5 |
+-------+
1 row in set (0.000 sec)

Back
Top Bottom