Potential problem-- neighbor's yappy dog

Quote:
That paw print isn't from a dog. What got your Guinea was a Raccoon. Compare the paw print with a paw print of a dog and you'll see a HUGE difference.

Yes, it was a dog, I dealt with it a couple days later. Speaking of yappy dogs:
I was working 6-12's nightshift in Nebraska for 12 weeks straight a few years ago when an Engineer I was working with told me this tale. The Engineer was a local and lived next door to an elderly couple with a yappy mutt of a dog, He never paid it any attention until he had to try and sleep during the day while working nightshift. It seems the couple would go out every day and the darn dog would yap,yap,bark, and yap the whole time. After three days of this he was getting desperate and mentioned the problem at work. A fella told him that cold medicine worked like a sleeping pill. That morining the Engineer stopped off and bought some Contact Cold medicine. While he was fixin his dinner/breakfast that morining before sleeping he opened three capsules of cold medicine and mixed it with peanut butter and bacon grease into a ball. He tossed it over the fence and said how the mutt was in its doghouse with just his snout sticking out. He said he saw the nose begin to wrinkle and sniff a little then the mutt came out and went straight to the peanut butter ball and ate it. After the Engineer took his shower and headed for bed, he looked out the window and saw the dog laying out flat on his side in the yard looking very dead. Oh....well, it musta been too much. The Engineer slept good that day and when he got up that evening to go to work he saw the next door neighbor's dog was up and walking about. "Hey, I guess I didn't kill him after all" he thought. So for the rest of the nightshift work for the next several weeks he had the routine down where evey morning he would fix the dog "breakfast" along with his and sleep soundly all day. A few weeks later on his day off of the week he was out in his yard piddling around when one of the elderly couple came up to the fence to chat a little about this and that. During the course of conversation the guy mentioned he was going to have take his dog to the Vet, it seems something was wrong with the mutt. the darn thing was up all night barking keeping them up at night!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Panner you are too funny & you always have the BEST stories.... I imagine the grandson has had this trait of coming up with these solutions come from the blood he carries??? LOL

Seriously I'd just been thinking of you & I'm hoping your move went well?

I've got a device called a "Dazzer" or "Dazer". Can't tell if it's one or 2 "z" on the logo.

It looks like a garage door remote control and has one button on it. When you press the button it emits an extremely high pitched sound that most people can't hear. I can only hear it if the device is within about a foot of my ear.
The sound it emits is quite painful for me, I can't image how it must sound to a dog.

This thing works great for barking dogs. Shuts 'em up right away. I've yet to run accross a dog it didn't work on.

It's the same kind of device mentioned earlier in this thread but this one is portable. you can stick it in your pocket while on a walk and shut up all the dogs barking at you.
You have to be reasonably close to the dog for it to work. It usually does the trick from sidewalk to fenced yard and most certainly works on a dog right on the other side of the fence.

If memory serves, it was about $40 online and worth every penny. My next door neighbor's dog no longer barks at us and hardly ever barks at anything anymore. As humans can't hear it unless it is right up to their ear, they have no idea you are "dazing" their dog.

I used it one time to stop a charging dog in its tracks. I was walking our new puppy and out of the blue came a large dog barking and baring teeth apparently intent on using my puppy as a snack. I pulled out the Dazer and the dog stopped like it had run into a wall then slowly turned around a walked away.

It works on some cats too. Some don't seem to hear it and others scatter. We have a feral cat that has adopted us. It stays outside and helps with pest patrol. Other cats come around sometimes and want to pick fights with it. I pull out the Dazer and away they go.

This thing is amazing. I highly recommend it.

Thanks much for the tip, SoCalPeeps. Unfortunately the birdhouse hanging bark-stopper I got doesn't seem to be really working....I'm wondering if that might be because of the physical barrier of the fence. It's wooden and tall with only thin gaps, so I can see how that could be the issue. Have you tried using the Dazer through a fence like that, by any chance?

All the sonic devices are strictly line-of-site devices due to the high frequency sound.

To really get the point accross to the dog, it needs to have a clear path between dog's ear and the device.

I found this other thing that I posted about in this forum:
http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/hydroblast_scarecrow.htm

Basically a motion activated water cannon!

I cracked up when I saw it thinking about 2 legged predators as well, or the door to door salesman.

I can just see the 2 legged chicken thief standing there soaking wet with a couple chickens in hand
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom