Potential problem!

KelsiNS

Songster
6 Years
Jun 24, 2013
Buna, TX
When i got these chicks, they were a day old. I have dedicated hours to becoming a positive thing in their eyes.

This is the result.

I cant open the gate without being swarmed.

I cant refill water without being covered.

I cant feed without pulling chicks out of the bucket first.

I am REQUIRED to sit and snuggle before i put them to bed.

My family has tried yelling, stomping, and shaking the fence to spook them out of the way....and the chicks look at them like, "increase your dosage, weirdo."

Yeeeaaah....i may have created 41 feathered monsters.

So what have you done that makes you sit back now and say, "whoops. Should have thought that through...."

Funny!! My chicks were more into me when the were that age. Now that they are 26 weeks old they run to me, but really don't sit on me as much. Things should get better with age....They love you!
big_smile.png

Im thrilled-i dont ever worry if one gets out because they follow me. If anyone grts hurt, i dont need to stress everyone by chasing them. But MAN, its hard to walk when you have so many climbing you!

Wait until you think an incubator would be nifty..... In the first place, all of your first chickens are your babies. Then, any you hatch in your incubator are your babies. Then, when any broody hen hatches chicks, they are your GrandChicks. Ya can't "re-home" any of your feathered family because, well, they're all YOURS. Then you have generations of 'em crowding your feet at any time. You think it's adorable one of your hens sneaks into the house to lay her egg each day. It's even more adorable when the place she picks is the dog bed (which makes the dog jealous). THEN she goes broody there. The dog gives up, preferring the sofa anyway. You let that hen hatch chicks ..... In the dog bed. In the house.

Last edited:
LMAO!

Im close....so close! Im already planning what a chocolate easter egger (with marans heritage) bred to a buff orp will look like. Or an audtralorpXwhite EE.

we originally planned to butcher some pf these....but when i had a hyperventilating meltdown at the thought, my husband agreed that eggs will be fine, and we dont NEED to eat chicken.

That is so great! I love when mine come running when they hear me coming. Everyone pretty much hangs out close to the barn except when I'm late with the 2 o'clock snack. There is a select committee that comes right up to the back door of the house to "remind" me! It's so cute!

Mine are telling me im late as i type. They sit at the gate and SCREAM. Whats funny is they ignore the treats and perch on me instead. One sexlink, Naobi, insists i need a makeover and will spend hours straightening my hair like
they straighten their wing feathers.

Quote:
I have a granddaughter that claims ownership so you know that we aren't eating any chicken.

Back
Top Bottom