potentially aggressive drakes??

but they shouldn't be able to harm her like they could harm a chicken right? ive read about ducks attempting to mate with chickens and end up killing them or causing a prolapse. maybe im just overthinking..
no they would not hurt her, the most they would be able to do is annoy her.

i think its becoming a problem-
they bite her and follow her everywhere and won't leave her alone... im worried they might harm her.. is there any way i can stop this without separating them? they only stop if im out there with a waterhose..

i think its becoming a problem-
they bite her and follow her everywhere and won't leave her alone... im worried they might harm her.. is there any way i can stop this without separating them? they only stop if im out there with a waterhose..
what do you mean by bite? sometimes my ducks peck at my cats fur lightly, but it doesn’t bother him

what do you mean by bite? sometimes my ducks peck at my cats fur lightly, but it doesn’t bother him
they nip and bite at her. i haven't seen it today but last night one of them bit her and was holding onto her while she was walking.. she doesn't seem to take it as aggression she sees it more as like a puppy playing.

Someone found a duckling and gave it to us to raise. It became best friend with our lab and ate from his dish. Everything worked well. That being said, they were both males and labs are known to be gentle dogs. He killed ground hogs but protected all the farm animals.

they nip and bite at her. i haven't seen it today but last night one of them bit her and was holding onto her while she was walking.. she doesn't seem to take it as aggression she sees it more as like a puppy playing.
they seem to be imprinted on her, so it’s most likely not aggression at all. if she is fine with it just let them be.

so i filled up their pool with fresh water today and they seemed pretty happy with it.. but they fought and it was kinda intense-
they bit at each others necks and bobbed heads until one of them got out of the pool, pulling at feathers. they kinda took turns getting in and out of the pool. they dont usually fight out of the pool-
is this a dominance thing or...

With you are describing with the dog and in the pool is the beginning of mating behavior. Drakes are extremely hormonal and become a bit sex crazed as teenagers. Water seems to inspire mating behavior, and they are most likely trying to mount one another in the pool. The biting of the dog may very well be an attempt at mounting her. Your boys are love struck.

so i filled up their pool with fresh water today and they seemed pretty happy with it.. but they fought and it was kinda intense-
they bit at each others necks and bobbed heads until one of them got out of the pool, pulling at feathers. they kinda took turns getting in and out of the pool. they dont usually fight out of the pool-
is this a dominance thing or...
head bobbing is flirting, by grabbing necks they were trying to mate each other

Back
Top Bottom