Poultry Breeds of Spanish Ancestry

Thanks Ron. I had no idea they were here.

Lacy, I thought I was going to see some blue birds. I guess I was wrong. LOL.

Jason, has anyone worked with them continually since the import? Who would you think is the most established? I have asked the questions trying to figure what it would take to have a shot at getting them standardized. Then I was picturing what color would have the best shot.

I like the Partridge birds. I could see playing with those.

Jason, has anyone worked with them continually since the import? Who would you think is the most established? I have asked the questions trying to figure what it would take to have a shot at getting them standardized. Then I was picturing what color would have the best shot.

I am not sure of who has had them since the import. Jewelee Chastian who was the second importer has a few. Laurie ( Mother mastiff )
does not I don't think. Harley Hamrick I don't think so but I am having a tough time finding him to ask.
Luann Keller , Lee Penney have had them quite awhile.
The only variety standardized in Spain was the black. That would probably be our best bet here as well.
For one they seem to have the best following as far as established breeders.
as far as people having them close to 5 years. Guy may know more on the blacks as far as who has had them.
I know Guy @ChickenCanoe has had them awhile , Lee Penney and Luann Keller. Joshua @DirtyAnkleAcres has had them awhile I think too.
Partridge would be hard to find people having them 5 years. Black is probably the best shot.

ep.gif
roll.png
smack.gif
lau.gif

Ok, blue birds it is.

These are all old pictures and so I don't have any of these birds anymore.

I used to name all my birds... that got tiring. I don't name them anymore (unless they're super special) but I don't have numbered leg bands on them right now either. Need to get on the ball.

This first bird is Danita. She was my first win. I took her to the show in Ventura, CA several years ago and she won best Mediterranean. I was super excited! So I had some "Glamour Shots" taken of her. They are untouched photos. Her comb really was that red. I had put VetRx on it 3 days prior to these photos. The green fabric in the back ground worked lovely for her color. However, there was a piece of red fabric that wasn't completely covered underneath the green. I was really surprised when we got the pictures that her feathers picked up a shade of red from that fabric. Look at the breast and wing feathers and you will see it.

Yes, her back should have a slope to it and believe me it did. She was a bit nervous about these pictures and so she was standing "off."
You can see the red fabric being reflected in the shiny parts of the feather boa at her feet as well.

This is Danita as a chick.

And my new avatar. Danita.

This was my very first rooster. His name was Crowbalt. He started out as a real sweet heart and then he changed like over night and tried to attack me through his pen wire every single time he saw me. He left.

Crowbalt's son, Scooby.

Scooby's son, Casanova. All three of them look very much alike!

Here's a really nice splash.

I guess those are the best of the old photos I have. I'll try to get some current ones here soon.

Now that I look at this last photo, he looks like he's going to fall over backwards.
gig.gif
I must have had the camera tilted slightly at the time. We used to live on the side of a hill so that's the only thing I can think of that would explain it.

Ok, blue birds it is.

These are all old pictures and so I don't have any of these birds anymore.

I used to name all my birds... that got tiring. I don't name them anymore (unless they're super special) but I don't have numbered leg bands on them right now either. Need to get on the ball.

This first bird is Danita. She was my first win. I took her to the show in Ventura, CA several years ago and she won best Mediterranean. I was super excited! So I had some "Glamour Shots" taken of her. They are untouched photos. Her comb really was that red. I had put VetRx on it 3 days prior to these photos. The green fabric in the back ground worked lovely for her color. However, there was a piece of red fabric that wasn't completely covered underneath the green. I was really surprised when we got the pictures that her feathers picked up a shade of red from that fabric. Look at the breast and wing feathers and you will see it.

Yes, her back should have a slope to it and believe me it did. She was a bit nervous about these pictures and so she was standing "off."
You can see the red fabric being reflected in the shiny parts of the feather boa at her feet as well.

This is Danita as a chick.

And my new avatar. Danita.

This was my very first rooster. His name was Crowbalt. He started out as a real sweet heart and then he changed like over night and tried to attack me through his pen wire every single time he saw me. He left.

Crowbalt's son, Scooby.

Scooby's son, Casanova. All three of them look very much alike!

Here's a really nice splash.

I guess those are the best of the old photos I have. I'll try to get some current ones here soon.

Now that I look at this last photo, he looks like he's going to fall over backwards.
gig.gif
I must have had the camera tilted slightly at the time. We used to live on the side of a hill so that's the only thing I can think of that would explain it.
Great pictures. I know we spoke about it before but are you by Fallon?

Ok, one more. This girl was nothing spectacular but she was the sweetest thing. Her name was Sonnet and she looked exactly like her mother. I couldn't tell the two of them apart unless they were standing right together. She happened along during my very first hatch and so you'll forgive me when I tell you that I tried and tried and worked myself to the bone to keep her alive. I think her body couldn't process Vitamin D from the sun to put nice hard shells on her eggs. She always laid soft or thin shelled eggs, no matter what I did. So, as you can guess, I lost her. It was rather heart breaking... and so... I go on. Now, I need to stop talking about her
hit.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom