Poultry chat thread

So I am wondering about something to do with my little cinnamon queens. I know they are sexlinks, color wise and one looks pretty different then the other. One is white on the back and the other is red. Do you think I have a boy, I hope not because I will have to get rid of him even though cinnamon queens roosters are so pretty. @Quarterhorses1 do you have pics of your babies to compare?
Here are pics of mine
The first one is red, the second is more white
20220730_203241.jpg
20220730_203331.jpg

So another question 🤔 are buff Orpingtons just super slow to feather or is mine just really weird? She has NO tail, only small wings, and a *few* feathers around her wings that just appeared 2-3 days ago. My others (1 sapphire gem and 2 cinnamon queens) have tails already taking the "v" shape, nice sized wings and have much more body feathers. They are all 2 weeks and 2 days old. They are eating Purina start and grow and have hydro hen powder (electrolytes, probiotics, and acidifiers) and nutra-drench in the water. She is all good otherwise and just as active as the others.

Cinn Queens are Production Reds - everything about them is fast, though they remain small. I have no experience with Buff Orps.
Ok thanks, I figured about the cinnamon queens, but also the sapphire gem? Even my EEs had some kind of tail by this age

Back
Top Bottom