Poultry magazine suggestions?

Nov 6, 2020
Midwest US
Hello!

I probably posted this in the wrong area, but does anyone have any suggestions on good chicken/poultry or homesteading magazines? What are the bad ones out there? I've heard negative things about Hobby Farms and Chickens magazines, and that Backyard Poultry isn't as good as it used to be... any suggestions?

My favorite Magazine is the Backwoods Home magazine. It is about homesteading and has lots of good advice but does not have a lot about chickens.
Issue #113 of Backwoods Home Magazine. September/October, 2008 - Backwoods  Home Magazine

Last edited:
I like Mother Earth News but they don't always have articles on chickens. Best is that you can search their website for past articles and by subject. My go-to books on chickens are Hentopia by Frank Hyman and The Beginners Guide to Raising Chickens by Anne Kuo. I wasted some tome and money on books that were repetitive and didn't have much info. Anne Kuo's book honestly helped save the lives of two of my chicks! Keeping Chickens by Ashley English is also worthwhile.

I'd not waste your money.
If you do, just bring your grains of salt...and recycle them when done reading.
Will do! Sorry for the late reply...
I like Mother Earth News but they don't always have articles on chickens. Best is that you can search their website for past articles and by subject. My go-to books on chickens are Hentopia by Frank Hyman and The Beginners Guide to Raising Chickens by Anne Kuo. I wasted some tome and money on books that were repetitive and didn't have much info. Anne Kuo's book honestly helped save the lives of two of my chicks! Keeping Chickens by Ashley English is also worthwhile.
Thanks for the suggestions! Any book that saves the lives of chicks is a noble use of money. Will put these books on my wishlist this year...

Hello!

I probably posted this in the wrong area, but does anyone have any suggestions on good chicken/poultry or homesteading magazines? What are the bad ones out there? I've heard negative things about Hobby Farms and Chickens magazines, and that Backyard Poultry isn't as good as it used to be... any suggestions?
Your on one of the best I have found here and I can look up some of the magazine's I have and let you know if that helps?

Back
Top Bottom